Utah Moab Trip 4/27/19-5/5/19

Sounds like you're all set with with what you need with your hitch.
Yeah, I ordered The Torklift Hitch, extension, extended cable and new ball mount. It should be able to tow everything I own now. The weekend after next, I am going to be really busy. I still need to order all of the proprietary wiring from the campter to the truck then wire that to the lights. I am soooo close now.

I have it plugged in in the back yard. I have been hanging out in it like a kid in his fort, but it is cooler because it has heat, ac and a media center. My wifee is asking me if I am ever going to come home again hehe.

I have been enjoying my mobile fort for sure.

I am glad we planned this trip a year out because I think it is going to take the complete year to get ready for it.

@Alex01 any trailer updates?
As @lowranger said I have been updating my build page with the trailer build. As of now I am 90% done. I still need to get the angle iron welded back on that holds the deck in and fix the right side trailer brake. (magnet fell off so ordered new backing plates for both sides to be safe) We were planning on going to lake tahoe this weekend but with 80 closed we may not be able to.

Here it is as it sits today. If I don't go to Tahoe this weekend I may be able to finish it up in the next couple days but if 80 opens then it should be done early next week.

Things done to it:
100% new wiring
100% new lights
Painted frame gloss black
Painted wheels gloss white
Added Trailer brake away box/ leash
New pressure treated wood deck

Reactions: ac_ and tomtaylz
Yeah, I ordered The Torklift Hitch, extension, extended cable and new ball mount. It should be able to tow everything I own now. The weekend after next, I am going to be really busy. I still need to order all of the proprietary wiring from the campter to the truck then wire that to the lights. I am soooo close now.

I have it plugged in in the back yard. I have been hanging out in it like a kid in his fort, but it is cooler because it has heat, ac and a media center. My wifee is asking me if I am ever going to come home again hehe.

I have been enjoying my mobile fort for sure.

I am glad we planned this trip a year out because I think it is going to take the complete year to get ready for it.
Well, you are doing it right and won't have to worry when you are towing with your camper on.
Glad you are happy with your camper. You can always go back in the house to visit when dinner is ready ;-)

Reactions: ac_
As @lowranger said I have been updating my build page with the trailer build. As of now I am 90% done. I still need to get the angle iron welded back on that holds the deck in and fix the right side trailer brake. (magnet fell off so ordered new backing plates for both sides to be safe) We were planning on going to lake tahoe this weekend but with 80 closed we may not be able to.

Here it is as it sits today. If I don't go to Tahoe this weekend I may be able to finish it up in the next couple days but if 80 opens then it should be done early next week.

Things done to it:
100% new wiring
100% new lights
Painted frame gloss black
Painted wheels gloss white
Added Trailer brake away box/ leash
New pressure treated wood deckView attachment 77438
Thanks for the update. Looks great!

If anyone is interested in staying in a nice climate controlled house I’ll probably have at least one room available in the place I rented (trying to rally friends to come along but had some that had to bail). 4/28 - 5/3 3bd 2ba in rim village, around $350 for one of the rooms for the week. Has a garage also!

Last edited:
If anyone is interested in staying in a nice climate controlled house I’ll probably have at least one room available in the place I rented (trying to rally friends to come along but had some that had to bail). 4/28 - 5/3 3bd 2ba in rim village, around $350 for a room for the week. Has a garage also!
That's a good deal!

I was talking to a guy at work that wants to get into 4 wheeling, and he was asking about CB's, and it got me thinking about our trip. I know @JMT has one, but does everybody else have one? @lowranger @Alex01 and anybody else going to meet us up there?

I have a Uniden Xl520 I think, anyway it is a small Uniden. It is mounted on the lower dash, but I recently bought a Arizona cb mount that mounts on the roll bar, but haven't transferred it yet, but hope to before the trip.

Just curious who all eles is coming with CB's?

Reactions: Alex01
I was talking to a guy at work that wants to get into 4 wheeling, and he was asking about CB's, and it got me thinking about our trip. I know @JMT has one, but does everybody else have one? @lowranger @Alex01 and anybody else going to meet us up there?

I have a Uniden Xl520 I think, anyway it is a small Uniden. It is mounted on the lower dash, but I recently bought a Arizona cb mount that mounts on the roll bar, but haven't transferred it yet, but hope to before the trip.

I'll have my cb on when ever I in my jeep. Also, if when we are there I'll glady give out my cell number if anyone goes solo and needs some assistance.

Yeah. I’ve got one. It’s got a few problems I need to work out. Wiring issues, I’m planning to fix it real soon. It’s the Cobra 75 wx st.

Reactions: ac_

I was going to ask the same thing about the CBs. I have one and will be on channel 4.

Reactions: Alex01