Utah Moab Trip 4/27/19-5/5/19

Dudes! It is one hellofa drop! Trust me!
20160511_145218.jpg
20160511_145224.jpg
20160511_145237.jpg

I may be able to make this as well, just need the boss's approval!

Can a stock LJR have fun in Moab, or would it be better for a group to hold off a year (totally OK answer) and get the lift/tire upgrades? I'm fairly decent at picking lines (accidentally ended up on a hard trail after Engineer Pass in CO and only had a few minor scrapes).

I'd be another KOA person to build up a nice base camp with others!

I may be able to make this as well, just need the boss's approval!

Can a stock LJR have fun in Moab, or would it be better for a group to hold off a year (totally OK answer) and get the lift/tire upgrades? I'm fairly decent at picking lines (accidentally ended up on a hard trail after Engineer Pass in CO and only had a few minor scrapes).

I'd be another KOA person to build up a nice base camp with others!
I have never been myself but I would think a stock ljr would fair alright as long as you keep it within its limits, pick your lines, and choose appropriate trails.

If this guy can do it so can you.

Reactions: rasband
I have never been myself but I would think a stock ljr would fair alright as long as you keep it within its limits, pick your lines, and choose appropriate trails.

If this guy can do it so can you.

After watching the “Trail Recon” trip, I was pretty convinced the LJR could handle most the trails most people would run, or a bypass exists.

I’m pretty confident my wife will be on board for a partial trip - so I blocked off the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: tomtaylz and Alex01
I’m up for whatever trails. I’m hoping I get my Moab trails book I want for Christmas. Does that sound too much like a 4 yr old? Anyway, then I can get prepped on the lay of the land. We’re coming up through Roswell, NM, then to Durango and Ouray, CO. We’ll be leaving April 22 and planning some MTB along the way and camping. We’ll arrive at Moab by the 27th and stay through May 3. I think I’ll lay my head down at the KOA headquarters. Gonna be one helluva trip! Epic.

Reactions: tomtaylz
I’m up for whatever trails. I’m hoping I get my Moab trails book I want for Christmas. Does that sound too much like a 4 yr old? Anyway, then I can get prepped on the lay of the land. We’re coming up through Roswell, NM, then to Durango and Ouray, CO. We’ll be leaving April 22 and planning some MTB along the way and camping. We’ll arrive at Moab by the 27th and stay through May 3. I think I’ll lay my head down at the KOA headquarters. Gonna be one helluva trip! Epic.

Are you planning to wheel at any stops along the way? Ouray has tons of awesome loops you can hit if you’re planning to camp a night or two.

Dang @JMT is coming too, this is going to be quite the crew
I wouldn’t miss the Top of the World. I’ve been in since pretty early on. Last summer I got jibed by @bobthetj03 for not keeping my focus on my build for the trip. I can be known for coming up with some pretty wild ideas. But I’ve been on track ever since, mostly! :D Just one more mod to complete before I’m R2Roll.

Reactions: bobthetj03
I wouldn’t miss the Top of the World. I’ve been in since pretty early on. Last summer I got jibed by @bobthetj03 for not keeping my focus on my build for the trip. I can be known for coming up with some pretty wild ideas. But I’ve been on track ever since, mostly! :D Just one more mod to complete before I’m R2Roll.

I think I’m going to be doing things on my LJ down to the wire but its a good motivator

I think I’m going to be doing things on my LJ down to the wire but its a good motivator
In all fairness, you just got it! It’s crazy to think how much you’re going to accomplish on your rig before April.

I needed Moab as a goal. I like goals. I just like the idea of Moab too. After that I’m going to look to some trails in CO or the Rubicon Trail. By then the rig will be even more built. All I have to do now is convince a guy to come to my house and re-gear my Dana 44 and Dana 30 so I can feel confident in my axles and have killer gearing. I hope he comes soon. I really don’t want this one to go down to the wire.

Reactions: tomtaylz
In all fairness, you just got it! It’s crazy to think how much you’re going to accomplish on your rig before April.

I needed Moab as a goal. I like goals. I just like the idea of Moab too. After that I’m going to look to some trails in CO or the Rubicon Trail. By then the rig will be even more built. All I have to do now is convince a guy to come to my house and re-gear my Dana 44 and Dana 30 so I can feel confident in my axles and have killer gearing. I hope he comes soon. I really don’t want this one to go down to the wire.

I know you’ll have @Alex01 in for the con, that’s all he’s been building his rig for

Are you driving to Moab or being toad?

I know you’ll have @Alex01 in for the con, that’s all he’s been building his rig for

Are you driving to Moab or being toad?
Yes. I am down for the rubicon. You name the time and I'll be there. @tomtaylz you riding shotgun or bringing the ljr?

Reactions: JMT
Hah at that time I’ll probably be ready for it. Some armor and experience under my belt and I’ll be good to go.
Ok summer 2019 we should make this happen. You can bring the cooler with the majority of the beer since you have so much room.

Reactions: JMT and bobthetj03