Utah Moab Trip 4/27/19-5/5/19

You might have. No, didn't plan on bringing it. I do have a couple of stock Dana 35 axles 27 spline....should I bring them?
I believe everyone going is on 44 rear ends.

Reactions: ac_
A spare tire. ;)

I'm bringing hand tools. I don't have much as far as spare parts. I have a stock rear driveshaft for a Dana 35 if someone needs it.

I'll be leaving Friday or at the latest Saturday. Is there any way we can do Elephant Hill by Thursday? If I had to do either Fins or Hell's, I'd prefer Hell's.
Same boat, not much in spare parts, but I will have basic hand tools. I will probably have some specialty electrical tools though.

Ok so updated extra parts: 1330x ujoint/yoke/strap kit
rad hoses upper/lower
serp belt
I am the odd one out. I have a 8.8
Somebody has to be "that guy" :ROFLMAO::p

Reactions: ac_
Monday - Dead Horse Point
Tuesday - Fins or Hell's?
Wednesday - Top of the World
Thursday - Elephant Hill?
Friday - I'll probably have to leave but I could possibly do a half day. Fins????

I'm a planner, I can't help myself. I really want to do Elephant and I need a couple other rigs to do it. @Alex01?

Reactions: ac_ and Alex01
Friday - I'll probably have to leave but I could possibly do a half day. Fins????

I'm a planner, I can't help myself. I really want to do Elephant and I need a couple other rigs to do it. @Alex01?
I'm in.

Reactions: JMT
I'd also be willing to do Hells and Fins the same day if someone wants to go along. For me this is a once in a lifetime trip. I'd be willing to do Fins alone, but Hell's I'd want other rigs along.

Reactions: Alex01

I am in for most or all, but I am the complete opposite of a planner, so I don't want to formally commit to anything until I get there and checkout the situation (Camping, Wifee, etc) I promise I wont let you do Elephant alone though.

A spare tire. ;)

I'm bringing hand tools. I don't have much as far as spare parts. I have a stock rear driveshaft for a Dana 35 if someone needs it.

I'll be leaving Friday or at the latest Saturday. Is there any way we can do Elephant Hill by Thursday? If I had to do either Fins or Hell's, I'd prefer Hell's.
We can change it and do "Hell's Revenge" on Wednesday and you can do Elephant Hill on Thursday. And who ever doesn't want to do Elephant Hill (me) can do "Fins & Things" on Thursday. Hey....we're a flexible here, nothing is in stone, just ideas.

Reactions: JMT
I'd also be willing to do Hells and Fins the same day if someone wants to go along. For me this is a once in a lifetime trip. I'd be willing to do Fins alone, but Hell's I'd want other rigs along.
Last time we went....taking our time. "Fins & Things" took 5 to 6 hours. "Hells Revenge" took 6 1/2 hours. That would be a long day to do both the same day. I like to take my time and enjoy. :)

All sounds good @lowranger, Top on Tuesday is great, Hell's on Wednesday is great. Elephant for those who want on Thursday. I know I came across a little strong, but I'm not really that way!

Also, I read that some folks from some states need an OHV license. I know Texans do and they can be picked up at the Moab Information Center. Maybe others do too, not sure about other states.

All sounds good @lowranger, Top on Tuesday is great, Hell's on Wednesday is great. Elephant for those who want on Thursday. I know I came across a little strong, but I'm not really that way!

Also, I read that some folks from some states need an OHV license. I know Texans do and they can be picked up at the Moab Information Center. Maybe others do too, not sure about other states.
I think the OHV license is for Rzrs and things like that. I don't remember getting anything for our street legal Jeeps.

Okay lets see if everyone is okay with this.

Sunday evening ...Moab Brewery.
Monday ...... Dead Horse point.
Tuesday....... Top of the World.
Wednesday...Hell's Revenge.
Thursday ...... Elephant Hill ..... if you don't want to do Elephant Hill .. Fins & Things .... or Bull Canyon.
Friday ........... My wife and I are going to kick around town and be tourist and walk around, buy T-shirts ... drink beer etc. :)
Saturday .... Leaving town. :-(

Reactions: Alex01

Are we talking about for Elephant Hill? I know you need a permit.

@JMT Thursday works for me but we may need to change it around depending on when we can get a permit. We can only reserve 24 hrs in advance.