Utah Moab Trip 4/27/19-5/5/19

Are we talking about for Elephant Hill? I know you need a permit.

@JMT Thursday works for me but we may need to change it around depending on when we can get a permit. We can only reserve 24 hrs in advance.
Ok, I was wrong about the OHV permit for off-road driving, at least I think I am wrong now. It looks like you only need one if you are taking an ATV, off-road motorcycle or snowmobile (LOL). So, scratch that. Here's the website I found...

https://stateparks.utah.gov/activities/off-highway-vehicles/non-resident-ohv-permits/

Reactions: JMT
Ill have to figure out what I join you guys on, currently Monday I’m not planning on driving as I’ll be driving nearly all day Sat/Sunday

Tuesday I’m planning on doing a days worth of white rim road if I can get a permit and someone to join.

Note on the permitted trails there is a limit to group size, I think it’s only 2-3 rigs and any other group needs to be at least half an hr apart.

I might pop down to monument valley one day too as I’ve never been there before. We’ll see.

Last edited:
Reactions: JMT
Anyone have a spare frame mounted rear tow hook and hardware I could buy off them when we arrive? I guess I should probably have a rear recovery point.

Anyone have a spare frame mounted rear tow hook and hardware I could buy off them when we arrive? I guess I should probably have a rear recovery point.

i have mine installed, its just 2 bolts. you can use it if you want. I just needed a recovery point till i got my rear bumper and hitch installed

I actually have one from a JK if it is interchangeable by chance you are more than welcome to it. Well anyway I will bring it just in case we can make it work one way or the other.

I actually have one from a JK if it is interchangeable by chance you are more than welcome to it. Well anyway I will bring it just in case we can make it work one way or the other.

I’ll try and see if I can buy one too in the meanwhile :). Still need to get a new bumper

I gave one away already, so I’ll have to check tomorrow AM and see if I still have one.

Reactions: tomtaylz
Will this work? It’s got the retainer too, which is best. It’s yours if you want it.
4B78DC59-7743-40E6-8C8B-304E35A39899.jpeg

That looks like it would probably work! I might have someone who has one locally too so I’ll let you know.
It’s just like the one I’ve got here.

image.jpg

The TJ's came with a factory hook mounted on the driver side frame rail on the bottom of the rail. There is a hole with a capture nut and a second hole at the bottom of the rear crossmember with a weld nut inside the frame. I used to have one on mine but had to remove it for my aftermarket bumper frame tie ends. The spacing is specific to the factory hook.