Utah Moab Trip 4/27/19-5/5/19

Pressure washing the trailer today. Getting it ready to paint, grease the wheel bearings and put on the new LED side marker lights and tail lights. I welded on the side marker light brackets yesterday that I made out of 2" angle iron.
IMG_20190419_132312013.jpg

Pressure washing the trailer today. Getting it ready to paint, grease the wheel bearings and put on the new LED side marker lights and tail lights. I welded on the side marker light brackets yesterday that I made out of 2" angle iron.View attachment 89256
Sounds like a fun day. That trailer looks awfully familiar.

Reactions: lowranger
How much of a pita is it to get the nuts on the back of that?
I used a lock washer so when it got close it held itself. As @Alex01 said, there’s an access hole underneath. Do you have frame tie-ins? Not that you need them, just want to make sure I bring what you need

Reactions: Alex01
I used a lock washer so when it got close it held itself. As @Alex01 said, there’s an access hole underneath. Do you have frame tie-ins? Not that you need them, just want to make sure I bring what you need

Nope, right now I’m just on the stock bumper. I’m going to try and find a hook locally because I don’t want to leave it until the last minute to get my rig together but I think yours is a good backup plan.

Reactions: Alex01 and JMT
Nope, right now I’m just on the stock bumper. I’m going to try and find a hook locally because I don’t want to leave it until the last minute to get my rig together but I think yours is a good backup plan.
Good plan. I’ll bring it

Will need a drill and 7/16” or 1/2” bit and grade 8 hardware to drill one extra hole. I leave tomorrow. I will bring the hook for sure. If you want me to bring those bits let me know.

Last edited:
Good plan. I’ll bring it

Will need a drill and 7/16” or 1/2” bit and grade 8 hardware to drill one extra hole. I leave tomorrow. I will bring the hook for sure. If you want me to bring those bits let me know.
Don't for get a picture of you loaded up and about ready to head out from your house tomorrow and post it here. :)

Reactions: JMT, ac_ and Alex01
Don't for get a picture of you loaded up and about ready to head out from your house tomorrow and post it here. :)
I can't actually load anything till the day before I move out, so you will get pictures, but later in the week. I mean I will be loaded for the most part the truck and the camper, but the jeep won't go on the trailer till the last minute. I have load up the Jeep on the street or I can't get out of the driveway haha.

2 RV gates and 2 really crappy gateways. I live on a trapezoid.

So this is what jinxed us..... We're both officially in the last minute category now. :ROFLMAO:
5 days to get 2 rigs ready. Should be a fun week.
You guys are nuts 🥜! Especially Alex! I’ve been following your build thread...I hope this all works. My guess is it will!

Reactions: Alex01 and tomtaylz
I can't actually load anything till the day before I move out, so you will get pictures, but later in the week. I mean I will be loaded for the most part the truck and the camper, but the jeep won't go on the trailer till the last minute. I have load up the Jeep on the street or I can't get out of the driveway haha.

2 RV gates and 2 really crappy gateways. I live on a trapezoid.
I mean the day you are leaving.... like 5 minutes before you pull out of the driveway.
I was just reminding @JMT because he said he was leaving today.

Reactions: ac_, Alex01 and JMT
I leave tomorrow.
Super jealous. I still have 4 more days of work then head out friday afternoon.
You guys are nuts 🥜! Especially Alex! I’ve been following your build thread...I hope this all works. My guess is it will!
It's our own faults for not leaving well enough alone. Parts arrive monday so I have a few days. Worse case mine is getting its new seal in moab.

Reactions: DrDmoney and JMT
It's our own faults for not leaving well enough alone. Parts arrive monday so I have a few days. Worse case mine is getting its new seal in moab.
Yeah, but leaving our rigs alone really isn’t in the cards, even as awesome as your rig already is. Got to be tinkering, improving.

Super jealous. I still have 4 more days of work then head out friday afternoon.

How far do you think you will get on Friday? Are you going I-80? We are leaving on Friday as well, but have to stop at Cabela's on the way. Can't go by their without stopping!

How far do you think you will get on Friday? Are you going I-80? We are leaving on Friday as well, but have to stop at Cabela's on the way. Can't go by their without stopping!
Can't go wrong at cabelas. I can't wait for the next time we get up to Truckee so we can go show the baby the animals.

We are stopping in Elko, NV at the Homes 2suites by hilton.

Last edited:
No not this year but I can drop them at @Alex01 place in Martinez at 3:30 to 3:45 am as I go through there every Monday morning if that works.
Works for me. Toms jeep reclaimed the spot in the garage anyways.