Moab

InOmaha

TJ Expert
Supporting Member
I'm in Moab this week with a motley crew of random rigs doing the trails. I'm the only TJ and only stick shift.

20220314_122434.jpg

20220314_084739.jpg

20220314_110657.jpg
20220314_123758.jpg
20220314_115223.jpg

How's your rig performing?

If you happen to see a green JK on 37's with a red headed dude driving that's a buddy of mine. Said he's going to stick to the easy trails.

It's doing great. We did the back half of Fins & Things and Dome Plateau Sunday, Top of the world yesterday, and Hells revenge today.

I put a throttle control cable on and I set it between 1500-2000 rpm in first gear 4lo while aproa hing something and it walks up everything without touching the gas or clutch. Well i goose it a little sometimes with my foot.

I have a bent stock control arm and a small dent on the tub where the rear bumper flexed into it.

Minimal carnage on two of the tougher trails.

The 4.56 regearing and front rear lockers helped in the snow melt mud going up to TOTW.

LS powered Comanche in Mickeys hot tub.

20220315_112918.jpg

Nice rig and nice photos (keep them coming).

I noticed that you don't have your built specs in your profile.

Could you give an idea of the main mods and your setup and/or point me to the link of your build thread if you have one?

Reactions: Just Chillin
Nice rig and nice photos (keep them coming).

I noticed that you don't have your built specs in your profile.

Could you give an idea of the main mods and your setup and/or point me to the link of your build thread if you have one?
Yes, please let us know what you're running. I see 4.56 and lockers (what kind), what size tires/lift? Any upgraded axle shafts?

I need to update my specs. I have an OME 2-1/2" spring lift that gave me 3-1/4" for some reason. Adjustable track bars and quick disconnects. A 1" body lift, 1" motor mount lift, UCF oil pan skid, ultra high transmission skid and lowpro mount. 35" tires. White knuckle frame mount sliders.

I had the Dana 30/44 regeared to 4.56 with front and rear eaton e-lockers.

And one of the most useful things was my custom throttle control on my stick shift.

This little camera I got off Amazon was helpful on Hell's Revenge and coming up to rocks. I could see the markings on the trail and breakover points instead of sky.

20220301_195305.jpg

I expected some, and was prepared to get adjustable control arms, but ended up with no vibrations running. A little extra at idle in the cab.

Now I have a bent factory control arm so I'll get some adjustable arms.

Interesting. My understanding so far is to stay away from low profile TC mounts due to vibration issues. Which brand is yours?

Also, did you by any chance install it at the same time with different motor mounts of MML? I'm asking since the additional vibrations at idle could be attributed to his mod (at least partially) if were replaced concurrently.

I have stock motor mounts and metal block lift. The UCF low transmission mount. It gives me some vibration at 750 rpm and taking off. Nothing bad.

Gotta wheel there while ya can! Been seeing some reports the tree huggers are looking to shut down OHV use there.