Moab

See the truck in the upper left ?

Screenshot_20220328-105305_DuckDuckGo.jpg

which trail is this! Looks awesome

I believe that was Long Canyon Road.

We also took some trails around picture frame arch while the big boys did Behind the Rocks. We basically did in front of the rocks.

The trail side we took was rated green but had obviously changed. We turned around at a steep point that had washed out to just Jeep width before going up at a 45 degree angle. It went another mile and we would have needed to turn back and drive down and through.

Our turn around point.

20220317_135436.jpg

You can see a guy standing next to the washout. I would have needed to drop a tire in it to get through and not hit the wall. Not a big deal but the overall vote went to turning there.

20220317_135559.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: UhOh
It was just the first trip I needed. I would have done some more of the harder trails, but the views everywhere were great.

Some of the easy trails still had some pucker factor because the drops were rather far down and the trail rather narrow.

My passenger kept telling me I should move over and I kept telling him there's a wall there.

It was just the first trip I needed. I would have done some more of the harder trails, but the views everywhere were great.

Some of the easy trails still had some pucker factor because the drops were rather far down and the trail rather narrow.

My passenger kept telling me I should move over and I kept telling him there's a wall there.
Next trip you can up the difficulty and see more amazing views. Looks like you had a good trip.

Reactions: InOmaha and rasband

The views really blow me away every time I go. You get off I-70 in a place that seems like there's next to nothing only to drop into this gorgeous place everywhere you go.

The worst part of the trip was going up my first big (at the time) hill and accidentally pulling it out of first gear just before cresting the top.

I learned very fast not to mess with the hand throttle when going up longer obstacles. If in doubt rev it more before you start and use your foot if it needs a little more rpms.

It felt like one of those amusement part rides where they drop you. I thought something broke at first and that we dropped a while. But my brother was videoing out of the window and I found the brake and got us stopped within a couple feet.

It was a Fins & Things mound. We only did the back half and met up with some others. So I'll need to do that one from the start some day.

Reactions: Apparition
The worst part of the trip was going up my first big (at the time) hill and accidentally pulling it out of first gear just before cresting the top.

I learned very fast not to mess with the hand throttle when going up longer obstacles. If in doubt rev it more before you start and use your foot if it needs a little more rpms.

It felt like one of those amusement part rides where they drop you. I thought something broke at first and that we dropped a while. But my brother was videoing out of the window and I found the brake and got us stopped within a couple feet.

It was a Fins & Things mound. We only did the back half and met up with some others. So I'll need to do that one from the start some day.
Did you do baby lions back? If there's pics on page one I don't remember.

I believe that was Long Canyon Road.

We also took some trails around picture frame arch while the big boys did Behind the Rocks. We basically did in front of the rocks.

The trail side we took was rated green but had obviously changed. We turned around at a steep point that had washed out to just Jeep width before going up at a 45 degree angle. It went another mile and we would have needed to turn back and drive down and through.
Last October I took the Picture Frame Arch trail by following the directions in the Funtreks book. My brother had rented a Jeep with GPS directions that kept saying we were on Behind the Rocks. With a rental and a stock LJ in our group we grew a little concerned and parked to evaluate our trail guides. We weren't sure about the Funtreks directions until I realized we happened to be stopped exactly where one of the pictures in the book was taken. We kept following the book and were not disappointed in the views.
20211220_095952.jpg

20211020_131506.jpg

Behind the Rock merges on and off so we had to stop and check a couple times too.

Once after a group of Jeeps on 37s and 40s came buy us from the other direction.

Reactions: 06lj
I got some rooster tails in the dunes by Picture Frame. They missed the first tight circle. I touched some rock and went too far up the dune on the second. I need an LS to fling the sand good.

Last edited: