Modoc Guy Introduction

Modoc Guy

Jack of all trades, master of none
Supporting Member
Hello everyone, Modoc Guy here from Nor-Cal.

New to Jeeps but not to 4x4's. Sold my '86 K5 Blazer last year, it had more needs than I wanted to deal with, but I do miss it. I also have my '06 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel 4x4 to play with, and my '00 Honda Fourtrax to tool around on at the Ranch, but my new toy is my '02 Apex badged TJ.

I have to start out by saying thanks to you guys in the forum for all the good info I've found to learn about my new toy. Namely Blane and Chris for brake and suspension info. And to everyone for their experiences and insights with their TJ's as well.

I was lucky enough to find my TJ loaded with great equipment from the PO's, but I'm still looking to do more upgrades because, as you all know, we are afflicted with tinkeritus! So, look out Blane, I'll be talking with you about 15" big brakes, rear ZJ brakes, and finishing up the ABS delete that was started on my ride.

I'll post pix, and give everyone a run down on what Eugene's ( that's his name ) loaded with. Then you guys and gals can comment, and pick on what I've got to work with.

Cheers, M.

Reactions: lowranger and Chris
Welcome, from another Northern California guy, but not as far north as you. Great country up there. I go up there often. I keep putting in for Antelope up there....but no luck.
You are in the right place to learn more about your TJ. And yes, we do need a (some) pictures of your TJ.

Welcome to the forum, you're certainly in the right place.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the forum. I look forward to seeing pictures (y)

BTW, in case you haven't noticed, there are tons and tons of folks on here from NorCal.

Thanks everyone! Thought I'd post a couple pix. First one is from the guy I bought it from, second is when I first got it home.
IMG_0763.JPG
IMG_0744.JPG

Why thank you Sir!
Yeah, I'm pretty stoked about finding it loaded with all the goodies it has. But, true to my nature, I've got a laundry list of things I want to do to it in my "golden years".

That would be the years that my jeep removes all my gold!

Reactions: lowranger
Welcome aboard, also from NorCal! Those wheels are very sought after in the TJ community, and look great btw.