Mopar 5033202AB vehicle speed sensor for 05-06 TJs (good info if you need one)

Liv2Ryd

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
These things are getting as rare as hens teeth and mine crapped out. If you have one and want to sell it, I'm a buyer

I’m not familiar with that part but I’m bumping the thread to help keep it alive

Are you looking for Mopar: 5033202AB that goes in the tailhousing of the transfer case? If so it has supposedly been discontinued.

I "believe" that the sensor is the same as a Camshaft Sensor for a 2006 4.0L. I have one in hand that matches dimensionally and wire color. Haven't been able to replace on my Jeep to confirm it works.

Options from RockAuto https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog...432231,ignition,camshaft+position+sensor,7192

Reactions: Jeep 541X
Yes, I'm looking for 5033202AB. I also have a spare camshaft sensor and it does look identical. I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

I just placed an order for one from a dealership @~$50 shipped. We'll see if the order is fulfilled or if their system isn't up to date and it's actually OOS.

No luck with the camshaft sensor. At first I got excited because my speedo started moving but needle just jumped around then quit after a mile.

I just placed an order for one from a dealership @~$50 shipped. We'll see if the order is fulfilled or if their system isn't up to date and it's actually OOS.
I found a number of Mopar sites that have them listed. I called before ordering and each place did not have any and when they ran a parts search thru all Mopar sites across the US, not a single site has one.

Reactions: L J
I pulled up the wiring diagrams for them:
1623599887115.png

1623599852795.png

The pin outs are the same, so there must be a difference in pulse amplitude.

@Apparition, which transfer case are you running?
231 but the sensor is in the teraflex SYE so case doesn't really matter. I'm not sure if it's the same as what goes in a Rubicon case or not but they are available and a phone call to teraflex might answer if they are the same or not. Or buy one from a place with a good return policy and try it.

231 but the sensor is in the teraflex SYE so case doesn't really matter. I'm not sure if it's the same as what goes in a Rubicon case or not but they are available and a phone call to teraflex might answer if they are the same or not. Or buy one from a place with a good return policy and try it.
Thanks Apparition. I may have no other choice, these suckers are impossible to find. O'Reilys has put in a special request to the mfg to see if they will make one for me.

Reactions: Apparition
Thanks Apparition. I may have no other choice, these suckers are impossible to find. O'Reilys has put in a special request to the mfg to see if they will make one for me.
Unfortunately it looks like it's not an option:

"Thanks for the help guys. I got the teraflex speed sensor in today, but I cannot make it work. Too short and too small a diameter for the hole. Currently returning to Amazon."

https://www.rubiconownersforum.com/threads/transfer-case-speed-sensor.79738/

This was just taken from ebay, good info for anyone on the hunt. I just bought one and there's only 1 left.

What we have here is the impossible to find Vehicle Speed Sensor used for applications with the GETRAG G288 Manual 5 speed transmission as found in Turbo 5 Speed PT cruisers, some Jeeps and European Export PTs with diesel engine.

As you know without this sensor your car will not run right as it provides critical information back to the PCM! Due to its location within the engine bay this sensor is subject to a lot of mechanical abuse and oils and grease. Over time this can corrode/damage the wiring harness which is integral to the sensor.

There are NO aftermarket sensors on the market for this application and Chrysler discontinued these years ago. Up until now, pick and pull auto wreckers have been the only source for this scarce part. Now is your opportunity to get a brand new Mopar OEM one of that latest revision 05093610AB

This is a brand new OEM sensor, QUANTITIES ARE VERY LIMITED.

MakeModelYearBody & Trim
ChryslerPT Cruiser2005Dream Cruiser, GT, Limited, Street Cruiser, Touring 5 Speed Getrag
ChryslerPT Cruiser2004GT, Limited, Touring 5 Speed Getrag
ChryslerPT Cruiser2003GT5 Speed Getrag
ChryslerPT CruiserEXPORTWith manual transmission Diesel
JeepTJ2005-6All
JeepWrangler200665th Anniversary Edition, Rubicon, SE, Sport, Unlimited,
Unlimited Rubicon, X

The Mopar gods are laughing.. I've got a 12 pack of your favorite IPA's for you in the event it doesn't work. I'm sure you'll drink them all. Fingers crossed.

Well this ain't good. All of the JB conversion SS SYE's for the NP231 use the same sensor. Mine failed a year or two ago and I had to get a new one from the dealer. There's gonna be a lot of people SOL when these start to fail.