Mopar has a new pan for the 42RLE transmission

Jerry Bransford

Retired to more relaxed pastures... bye.
Supporting Member
I nearly forgot to mention here that I read an announcement a few weeks ago that Mopar released an improved version of the 42RLE transmission pan for the 2006 model year TJ. It holds more ATF for slightly better cooling and it makes it far more difficult for the transmission to suck air on an extremely steep climb. It of course can be installed on earlier TJs that have the 42RLE which started with the 2003 TJ with the 4.0L engine

So if you're in the market for a new pan for your 42RLE automatic transmission or just want the slightly increased capacity, the Jeep dealer can get it for you.

The part numbers is 52852912AC and you can get it on Amazon here:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00G0OUIPM/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Unlike the only aftermarket pan for the 42RLE I'm aware of from RockKrawler, the Mopar pan should fit with pretty much any aftermarket skidplate or bellyup skidplate.

How does it make it harder for the pump to suck air? The pump draws fluid in from the filter, so if the filter is in the same place, adding more fluid below it wont change anything.

Bigger is better for sure though.

I nearly forgot to mention here that I read an announcement a few weeks ago that Mopar released an improved version of the 42RLE transmission pan for the 2006 model year TJ. It holds more ATF for slightly better cooling and it makes it far more difficult for the transmission to suck air on an extremely steep climb. It of course can be installed on earlier TJs that have the 42RLE which started with the 2003 TJ with the 4.0L engine

So if you're in the market for a new pan for your 42RLE automatic transmission or just want the slightly increased capacity, the Jeep dealer can get it for you.

The part numbers is 52852912AC and you can get it on Amazon here:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00G0OUIPM/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Unlike the only aftermarket pan for the 42RLE I'm aware of from RockKrawler, the Mopar pan should fit with pretty much any aftermarket skidplate or bellyup skidplate.

Thanks Jerry for this!!! And for continually searching for the good stuff to help other out!!!!!

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
How does it make it harder for the pump to suck air? The pump draws fluid in from the filter, so if the filter is in the same place, adding more fluid below it wont change anything.

Bigger is better for sure though.

Depending on where they added volume to the pan (like if they added more depth in the front than the rear), it could end up higher on an incline but the same depth when flat.

Oh and that's called kissing butt in Bama!!!! 🤣 🤣 🤫 🤫

You guys are pretty cool

IMG_1537.png