Mopar radiator transmission fittings

DuvelSteve

Jeep happy
Supporting Member
I am in the process of replacing the after market radiator with a Mopar 5503 7653AB Radiator. The radiator is in transit, but trying to get everything lined up for a weekend exchange of parts.
Do I need fittings for the radiator? Are they clip type or threaded? Currently in the aftermarket unit they are threaded radiator side and barbed for the hose.

Thanks
Steve

That radiator should come with barbed fittings already installed. OEM uses constant tension clamps to keep the hoses on.

Reactions: Irun
Any auto parts store will have something like Gates 3/8" transmission cooler line, just use a tape measure and get a foot or two extra. If you have the factory setup four feet will be too much.

Smart guy around here once said get a gauge before a cooler. I've also heard that smart guy can install the sensor bung in the pan if you ever get a gauge. Sounds like you've got it handled either way.

Just completing the thread. Received the new Mopar radiator and as others posted, they are a barbed fitting for the hose.
Reading another thread it looked like there were ciip or spring lock fittings in the photos hence my question
Thanks again
Steve

E8E0F89F-FE2B-4EB0-90F9-ECD9F29A528F.jpeg

Reactions: pagrey