Mopar Radiator?

Logan_H

Hey Everyone,

my radiator is currently leaking, I've been told to try to find an OEM Mopar radiator for my 2005 Rubicon, but I cannot for the life of me find one. Does anyone have any ideas/reccomendations?

thanks

Rockauto shows one in stock. Part # 55037653ac. It has ports for the auto transmission but will work fine if you have a manual.

since I bought the automatic version, will it still come with the plugs that go in the automatic valve holes?
Yes though they're not a critical part. The transmission cooler section is completely below and separate from the radiator. The plugs for the cooler aren't required to be installed.

Yes though they're not a critical part. The transmission cooler section is completely below and separate from the radiator. The plugs for the cooler aren't required to be installed.

hey, jerry, I just installed the radiator and it's leaking like crazy worse than its predecessor. It's coming from the bottom left and the middle did I miss something or is it just a dud?

• Sad
Reactions: 2001slvrstntj
hey, jerry, I just installed the radiator and it's leaking like crazy worse than its predecessor. It's coming from the bottom left and the middle did I miss something or is it just a dud?

If all the hoses are tight sounds like a dude, bummer. You could try capping the auto trans ports if you wanted to rule those out but sounds like not leaking from those.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford

Sorry to slightly divert the thread, but I have a manual and I see that one of those ports has a cover over it, the other doesn't. Do have anything to worry about, or does something need to 'draw'the coolant from the ports and they won't leak uncovered?