More EV Jeeps?

1662048266653.png

:unsure: yeah, not really...

• Haha
Reactions: Chris
Heavy with crap aerodynamics. Doesn't make a lot of sense as an EV. But there won't be an option in the future to do otherwise, so they make one or stop making cars.

A diesel electric hybrid with 4 wheel independent electric motors and no drive train would have made more sense. Trade the engine and drive train weight for batteries and generate the power with a diesel genset. Like modern trains.

Heavy with crap aerodynamics. Doesn't make a lot of sense as an EV. But there won't be an option in the future to do otherwise, so they make one or stop making cars.

A diesel electric hybrid with 4 wheel independent electric motors and no drive train would have made more sense. Trade the engine and drive train weight for batteries and generate the power with a diesel genset. Like modern trains.

b4nmwvwjdm5eyl79bp42uwiavnyvzanszbswziim4&rid=200w.gif

• Haha
Reactions: DWR and PRNDL
it's an ugly bronco if you squint. But I am all in favor of innovation - I won't be a buyer of this, but I do think it's interesting steps. Imagine if 30 years ago we ignored the torque advancements we made then. Rejecting this is just being silly, as it is the future.

Reactions: jjvw
it's an ugly bronco if you squint. But I am all in favor of innovation - I won't be a buyer of this, but I do think it's interesting steps. Imagine if 30 years ago we ignored the torque advancements we made then. Rejecting this is just being silly, as it is the future.

The vehicle was kind of what I was expecting in the general sense. What surprised me was hearing that the Wrangler 4xe is currently the best selling plug in hybrid in the US.

Reactions: rasband
The vehicle was kind of what I was expecting in the general sense. What surprised me was hearing that the Wrangler 4xe is currently the best selling plug in hybrid in the US.

I was surprised by that too! I've only seen a handful of them, but that's just exposure bias for me.

Reactions: psrivats
I was surprised by that too! I've only seen a handful of them, but that's just exposure bias for me.

Thinking about it more .. this thing is more a modern Cherokee than a Bronco. I'm guessing test bed for ideas/changes before they go in the Wrangler. From what I had read, the JL platform cannot be made full EV for various reasons. I'm sure they are testing the next gen internally.

Reactions: rasband
What surprised me was hearing that the Wrangler 4xe is currently the best selling plug in hybrid in the US.

My neighbor's daughter went out and bought one. She kept it for less than a year and recently replaced it with a 1500. She had been driving it less and less, so maybe it had some issues, but that's just a guess as I haven't talked to them about it yet.

Thinking about it more .. this thing is more a modern Cherokee than a Bronco. I'm guessing test bed for ideas/changes before they go in the Wrangler. From what I had read, the JL platform cannot be made full EV for various reasons. I'm sure they are testing the next gen internally.

Yeah, I am sure they have and EV wrangler in testing. I do think some of the boxiness is to be more like the Bronco. Successful designs do that.