MORryde vs Exogate

Appreciate it, I have the exact same lights.
Happy to help. I mocked it in place then marked it with a pencil through the back in order to get the cut as close to perfect as possible.

Reactions: Leroy_TJ
Exogate states it hold up to a 35 inch tire Where Moryde states that it only holds up to a 33 inch tire.
I believe for both systems the hinges with out the re-enforcement are rated for 33s. Add the reinforcement for 35s.

What I do know.

CB185941-5A8D-4A99-A569-16F9CB81F3FD.png
There are plenty on here that have 35s on it with out issues.

I just got the MORryde Exogate delivered yesterday and waiting on delivery of a stock tire carrier to finish the install. I'm impressed with the quality of the kit and looking forward to getting rid of the wobbly and noisy tire carrier on my bumper. I've actually been a bit worried that my spare tire carrier would eventually fall off in traffic some day, so time for an upgrade!

It takes a couple of try's to get it set correctly but once it is you're golden. I have had mine on for a couple of years and have not adjusted it even once. I definate upgrade from stock

Reactions: Alex01
Do you guys torque the bolts back to factory specs? Worried about stripping threads on the nut plate at 200 in/lbs on the tailgate side, and the tub side on the lower hinge.

Do you guys torque the bolts back to factory specs? Worried about stripping threads on the nut plate at 200 in/lbs on the tailgate side, and the tub side on the lower hinge.
200 in/lbs is about 17 ft/lbs. Don't be scared of it.

The MORryde and Exogate are the same thing, aren't they?

Here's the Exogate:
https://gr8tops.com/shop/jeepmodels/wrangler-lj-2/tj-lj-exogate

Here's the MORryde:
https://www.extremeterrain.com/morryde-tailgate-reinforcement-kit-9706.html

The Exogate is considerably more expensive, but the MORryde unit isn't in stock. I need one of these, and I'm trying to figure out if there's any difference other than price?

Also, if anyone knows of someplace that has a MORryde unit in stock, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Chris,
I just bought my MORryde from a place called Retrofit Off-road for $369.99. Sorry I am having a hard time posting a link.

I just got the MORryde Exogate delivered yesterday and waiting on delivery of a stock tire carrier to finish the install. I'm impressed with the quality of the kit and looking forward to getting rid of the wobbly and noisy tire carrier on my bumper. I've actually been a bit worried that my spare tire carrier would eventually fall off in traffic some day, so time for an upgrade!
I have a tip that will make your life a lot better when installing your kit. Take a piece of cardboard and put it under the tailgate on the hinge side to keep the gap even. This will help with aligning and installing all the bolts.