MORryde vs Exogate

NK24,
I was thinking of just cutting down the Garvin upper bracket to just a single bolt in the tub.

All,
Has anyone tried to find rubber plugs to fill in the 3 big holes in the hinges?

Also, any examples of someone painting the tailgate and tub brackets body color, while leaving the hinges black?

Got the Exogate. Now prepping for paint. Going to body match everything except the hinges. Will post pics when complete.
I'm curious to see how you re-work the Garvin brackets.

Per Jerry's advice, looks like I'll be buying the Exogate for my birthday present on the 10th of January. Happy Birthday Tray Burge. I really like the way this thing ties into the roll bar and the extensions for the snuggers included are essential.

Reactions: JMT
I have considered this same one but it appears to be long piece of angle. I am concerned that it looks to be just a metal edge facing downward that it would want to grab and hang up on things. Has this not been the case for you ?

I had it for a while while I owned my TJ and never had an issue with it. However, I sold the TJ to @toximus, who got rid of this part if I remember correctly. I believe he and @jjvw are critical of this piece, so it may not be the right choice. One of them will chime in and have something more substantial to say about it than the little information I can provide.

I had it for a while while I owned my TJ and never had an issue with it. However, I sold the TJ to @toximus, who got rid of this part if I remember correctly. I believe he and @jjvw are critical of this piece, so it may not be the right choice. One of them will chime in and have something more substantial to say about it than the little information I can provide.

I think the main issue with the genright piece is that it doesn't wrap in the bottom and thus leaving the cross member vulnerable. There are other companies that do it right (Next venture, Swag offroad ...)

Reactions: jjvw and Plumber1
I think the main issue with the genright piece is that it doesn't wrap in the bottom and thus leaving the cross member vulnerable. There are other companies that do it right (Next venture, Swag offroad ...)

That's right. I knew there was some issue with it, just wasn't sure what it was.

You'd think GenRight would know better in designing that part... sheesh.

Reactions: jjvw
That's right. I knew there was some issue with it, just wasn't sure what it was.

You'd think GenRight would know better in designing that part... sheesh.

They should know better and should make something like this:

Samantha-Skids-Rob-Bumper-094-web.jpg

Reactions: MaximusLJR06
I am considering the Savvy one as its alum. and two the others you listed are more of a U shaped channel. I personally feel the box in style has less of a change of up IMHO

I am considering the Savvy one as its alum. and two the others you listed are more of a U shaped channel. I personally feel the box in style has less of a change of up IMHO

The savvy one looks much better than the rest. If I were to ever go for this style rear bumper, my choice would be Savvy.

The GR rear bumper is still there. It is a flaw with that bumper but we honestly don't wheel that Jeep hard enough to be a concern. Changing it is low on the priority list.

Reactions: Chris