MORryde vs Exogate

They are essentially the same thing, but there were multiple hinge designs, per the designer Jeff Scherb. I would hold out for extreme terrain to get new inventory and then jump on that price, with the forum discount and free shipping you are saving a $100 over buying from their other vendors. I bought mine from Extreme Terrain and will confirm which hinge I have when I get home. I also have a gr8tops hardtop and still chose to purchase from Extreme Terrain.

https://expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/overland-lj.147941/page-3

You can get the new design Exogate (with the wide-swing hinges) now from MORyde (http://www.morryde.com/products/190...-accessories?filter%5B%5D=all&filter%5B%5D=15), but it's also in the hands of some retailers like Gr8Tops:http://gr8tops.com/shop/jeepmodels/wrangler-lj-2/tj-lj-exogate. The wide-swing hinges are also direct replacements for the factory hinges even without an Exogate, and those are available directly from MORryde (http://www.morryde.com/products/189...-accessories?filter%5B%5D=all&filter%5B%5D=15).

Gr8Tops doesn't list the Rotopax carrier or the other accessories like the HiLift carrier (yet), but those are also available from MORryde, MORryde sent me a production version to test and I just got around to installing it on Saturday
Excuse the dumb question, but what is the forum discount you speak of?

I know Rugged ridge makes a heavy duty one the moves the tire up and out or you can find a used OEM one if you don’t need the tire moved that much. Also if you go with an OEM one, the MORryde system itself allows for the tire to be mounted higher without pushing it out from the Jeep.
Good to know.
Excuse the dumb question, but what is the forum discount you speak of?
allegedly if you call them direct and tell them you are a member of the forum they give you 6% off or something.

My stock hinges have swung open one too many times and have broken the little metal stopper and the plastic covers. They have long been on my replacement list.

I’m running 31x10.5” in the OEM spare carrier is there any reason to go with the full kit or are the HD hinges alone sufficient? Sounds like the hinges are all I really need but is there upside to the full kit?

My stock hinges have swung open one too many times and have broken the little metal stopper and the plastic covers. They have long been on my replacement list.

I’m running 31x10.5” in the OEM spare carrier is there any reason to go with the full kit or are the HD hinges alone sufficient? Sounds like the hinges are all I really need but is there upside to the full kit?
I wouldn't think you need the hinges nor the kit, a stock spare tire carrier should be sufficient for a 31 x 10.5. But if it is the hinges that have broken I would suggest you purchase the HD hinges since your tailgate is strong enough to support the wait of a 31 inch tire.

I wouldn't think you need the hinges nor the kit, a stock spare tire carrier should be sufficient for a 31 x 10.5. But if it is the hinges that have broken I would suggest you purchase the HD hinges since your tailgate is strong enough to support the wait of a 31 inch tire.
I ordered the HD hinges today.

My plastic covers have broken but the bigger problem the little built in steel stoppers on the hinges have broken as well from the gate swinging open and hitting them at speed.

Has anyone had issues with the Morryde Reinforced kit? It seems that my door sags and doesn't close well. I've already readjusted it once and am only running 33s.

If you are adjusting it with the spare off, you need to compensate for the weight from the spare and set it a little high on the latch side. Then when you put the spare on you want it perfect. I messed with mine like 20 times.

If you are adjusting it with the spare off, you need to compensate for the weight from the spare and set it a little high on the latch side. Then when you put the spare on you want it perfect. I messed with mine like 20 times.
I agree with this statement 100%

I'll do this. Where would I start with adjustments? Loosen the body side hinges and raise the door?

I would loosen everything that way it spreads out the adjustments across the whole thing instead of just a couple bolts. Once you got it loosened up put a small shim in the bottom so it pushes the latch side up about a 1/4 inch. Then go from there. And as Lou said plan on doing it a few times to get it right. Took me a few times too.

My 35" spare had no problems on the stock carrier in the 7 years I had the Jeep. You just have to be smart about it.

SPARE TIRE MOUNT.jpg

Now you got me thinking I should paint mine as your look so nice, and my being anal is now bothering me, Thanks
Well, your rig constantly has me thinking of swapping to GR fenders so we'll call it even.