Mosquitoes have taken over my TJ

medicnole

Hey everyone got a bit of a mosquito problem every morning when I go out to my TJ. I live in Fort Lauderdale, Florida and I keep my top down when I can and hardly ever put in the rear or back window if my top is up. But lately every time I go out to my TJ I am attacked by swarm killer mosquitoes, or at least it feels like. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to keep them away from my Jeep? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated

Couple of Citronella candles in the cup holders on the back side of the center console maybe? Get Mosquitoes bad around our pond and couple of those from the dollar store keep the blood suckers away from my back porch without even being lit.

Reactions: DWR
Consider treating cloth-like items like seats, upholstery, and carpets with Permethrin. It’s a semi-permanent insect repellant and mild insecticide that is designed to be sprayed onto fabrics and dried. Once dry it repels and kills ticks and mosquitoes for about 6 weeks or through 6 washings. Treat clothing as well for additional protection.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CD9NFB4/?tag=wranglerorg-20

I use it all the time on clothing and equipment when I go camping in mosquito and tick infested areas. It is moderately toxic in its liquid form, but when it is dry it is non-toxic. (There are even formulations available made for pet fur to keep ticks and mosquitoes off of dogs.)

DEET is also a powerful bug repellent known to work well for short periods (~24 hours). Just note it can damage plastics if applied directly. Best to apply to skin and clothing as opposed to objects.

Reactions: Fonz54
Put a cheap box fan pointing in and blast it for a couple minutes before you jump in and blow them skeeters out. Use a leaf blower for near instant effect.👍