Mostest Bestest Pinion Seal Eva?

Hopper

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
I need to tackle my front 30 pinion seal. This will be new to me. What is the recommendation for a seal? Can I go local auto parts or is this another special order for my Drama Queen Jeep that seems to only like specific parts.

I like genuine Dana Spicer seals. The real question should be, why is it leaking. Did the pinion nut back off, are the pinion bearings worn out, is the yoke seal cut requiring a speedi-sleeve?

Reactions: taylormade73
I like genuine Dana Spicer seals. The real question should be, why is it leaking. Did the pinion nut back off, are the pinion bearings worn out, is the yoke seal cut requiring a speedi-sleeve?
Hmmm those are all good questions that I dont have an answer to. I was hoping it was just a bad seal.

Hmmm those are all good questions that I dont have an answer to. I was hoping it was just a bad seal.
We all do, unfortunately that’s rarely the case. I wouldn’t order anything until I took it apart.

Reactions: Hopper
I used this Omix-Ada seal. Turns out there are 2 different size seals for the front Dana 30. I originally ordered the Spicer seal for my 2006, but I have a 2001 dana 30 in my TJ when I switched to 4.10s. I ended up having to replace the seal again with a new pinion yoke the second go around, but no more leak.