Motobilt TJ rocker guards with boat side steps

Here we go again..... My build thread is available for anyone to look at. Why does it matter to you so much? WTF? Yes it isn't built like you build so what? If and when I ever make it down to the "Toughest place to wheel" you can tell me how fucked up my rig is. I don't care.
That wasn't it at all. You just don't care about weight and for some reason, that bothers you when it is pointed out. But, that doesn't change the fact that you don't.

That wasn't it at all. You just don't care about weight and for some reason, that bothers you when it is pointed out. But, that doesn't change the fact that you don't.

Says you. I asked a question trying to learn and understand and for whatever reason now you want to keep on about it. Yep my Jeep is a pig and I know it. What is the point you are trying to make?

What are the benefits of boatside sliders?
More narrow. 4 inches more and a 45 degree angle as an example.
9072A47F-1FC8-4FDD-A8CA-11863B75CD2E.jpeg
405DC7C8-8479-477B-A12B-78F612C3C6E0.jpeg
037B01B0-00E4-44B5-B4F7-84006ECD9778.jpeg
FB57240D-53A0-48A9-905D-400539EC207B.jpeg

More narrow than what? These don't look like they are narrower than others? The boatside kit that Daves sells are but you have to cut into your body.
Look at Genright mini boatsides. Then imagine them without the tube step. That would be the opposite of MB.

Reactions: Chris and Wildman
These don’t look more narrow than my Savvy sliders.
More narrow than what? These don't look like they are narrower than others? The boatside kit that Daves sells are but you have to cut into your body.
I noticed some confusion. I wasn't talking about Motobilt's version. I was talking about the benefits of boat sliders in general. Normally boat sliders allow more clearance.

In my opinion Motobilt claims theirs are boat sliders based off the angle alone. Just a guess.

i dig those GR's (beside the price) but i do not see an option without the bar, is that a call in option or a friend n family special?

• Haha
Reactions: Wildman
i dig those GR's (beside the price) but i do not see an option without the bar, is that a call in option or a friend n family special?
Yeah, they screwed them up with the step, consumer demand.

Cut off the step and replace it with a lower profile rub rail. It's a big price to pay just to have to modify. The measurements aren't that difficult to figure out and then have your own bent up.

Reactions: someguysjeep
You have to cut the bar off yourself.
You’d think they could have a step or no step option. It’s more work to add the step.

Genright makes OK products but also does some extremely stupid stuff.

davescustom is 3/16" IDK why i was thinkin 1/4".
that means 1/4" aluminum is just as good. if i knew a local place that bent it i'd try and have some blanks made. maybe i'll have to dig a little deeper.

I'd like to see what the weight is on them..... But I don't give a FUCK about weight so......
See Rick, this isn't me going on about it, this is you going on about it. Open the door, I'll step through.
Says you. I asked a question trying to learn and understand and for whatever reason now you want to keep on about it. Yep my Jeep is a pig and I know it. What is the point you are trying to make?
What do you mean "says you"? Observation is not judgement, it is just observation. Anyone who has ever built anything can look at your build and arrive at the exact same conclusion. You are the one building it, not me and you don't look at anything with an eye towards not making it as heavy as possible so it is blatantly obvious you don't care about weight, nothing more.