Motobilt TJ rocker guards with boat side steps

Plus the PRICE!!! $899 normally and on sale for Pre Order for $764.15. Plus I just looked at the install instructions. I'm not impressed.

• Dislike
Reactions: EzPeezy
Looks like they did that to completely cover the body mounts? I can't imagine what the LJ ones will go for $$.

I'm mixed on these not really my style but I wonder about their function. They do hang low but look equal to the body mounts.. If you don't plan to raise the body mounts and want to protect them it might not be a bad option..

I kept getting hung up on a body mount a few weeks ago.. I do wonder if these would have helped or made it worse.. I think worse... but maybe I would have slid over the rock. My solution however is going to be to raise the mounts.

At 1:39 here you can see me really smack a body mount

Reactions: JMT
I don't know enough about rock sliders to know how well they'd perform. I know someone who does, but I'm hesitant to tag him, because I think I already know the answer.

I don't know enough about rock sliders to know how well they'd perform. I know someone who does, but I'm hesitant to tag him, because I think I already know the answer.
Just ask him if these will hold up with stock height in Johnson Valley....

Go read the directions as per them they will work with stock height or any body lift and stock height body mounts or raised mounts. They are interesting but as everyone said look like they'd weigh a TON.

Those are one of the very few with a step that I like the look of. I’ve never been into the tube slider/step look, but my rockers look like $h!t because I have nothing for protection

Reactions: Wildman
Those are one of the very few with a step that I like the look of. I’ve never been into the tube slider/step look, but my rockers look like $h!t because I have nothing for protection

I'd like to see what the weight is on them..... But I don't give a FUCK about weight so......

I'd like to see what the weight is on them..... But I don't give a FUCK about weight so......
I don’t like how much clearance you lose on the edge of the tub toward the body mounts. I’ve been so close to touching and mine are snug against the tub, so I’d be rubbing the hell out of those. I also wonder what the mounting system is like underneath, because it‘s not snug against the tub, so if you get on a rock, the weight of the Jeep is going to be on where the boat slider contacts the bottom of the tub rather than spread out Over the bottom of the tub.

Oh man, that’s where we differ. I give much fucks to weight, I didn’t want to do a full cage for the weight savings, I try to be very minimal in the weight adding. Probably due to drag racing back in the day. I should care less but I can’t bring myself to it, but I do have a set of the warn rock sliders on order(light without step and steel). Problem is I ordered them through fucking northridge. So inevitably they will find some way to fuck them up.

Oh man, that’s where we differ. I give much fucks to weight, I didn’t want to do a full cage for the weight savings, I try to be very minimal in the weight adding. Probably due to drag racing back in the day. I should care less but I can’t bring myself to it, but I do have a set of the warn rock sliders on order(light without step and steel). Problem is I ordered them through fucking northridge. So inevitably they will find some way to fuck them up.

I do give a thought about weight. Can't put sarcasm on the internet... https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...nnected-with-lockers.42779/page-3#post-715891

My TJ really is a PIG. And I haven't done anything to try and make it lose weight. If I still had the 4 popper I might be more worried about it.

I don’t like how much clearance you lose on the edge of the tub toward the body mounts. I’ve been so close to touching and mine are snug against the tub, so I’d be rubbing the hell out of those. I also wonder what the mounting system is like underneath, because it‘s not snug against the tub, so if you get on a rock, the weight of the Jeep is going to be on where the boat slider contacts the bottom of the tub rather than spread out Over the bottom of the tub.

Yes I agree and honestly the only rockers like this that I have ever seen that I liked were the ones that Nth Degree made. There were very few of them ever produced. I have pictures of them some where.

doesn't Rusty's have a deep hanging thing like that? theirs is chock full of big holes. holes and slots in the armor might be potential spots for limbs and large sticks to skewer or catch a sharp edges, not ok.

i got some deterioration of the torque box on the passenger side rather than pull all that apart i figured it a good enough excuse to boat side it and just remove all that rotten material.
i'm thinkin about davescustoms (wish i could find those in 5/16 alum.) i'm gonna cut the body re-skin it with new sheet metal then the longer LJ boat side panels.

some of mrblaines work almost looks to me like he's rebending those GR panels and getting a little more angle from them, could be the camera but he's got tricks up his sleeve always.

Reactions: Wildman
What is your corner armor made from?
What are your bumpers made from?
What rims are you running?

Here we go again..... My build thread is available for anyone to look at. Why does it matter to you so much? WTF? Yes it isn't built like you build so what? If and when I ever make it down to the "Toughest place to wheel" you can tell me how fucked up my rig is. I don't care.