Motor and Transmission Mounts - OEM or OEM Replacement

TrueTexas

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Im replacing my motor and transmission mount on my 99 4.0 w AX15 manual tranny.

For my purposes, I want to stick with the OEM style mount.

Should I go with Mopar or will some aftermarket OEM style mounts work?

There is a huge price difference between OEM ($200) vs Crown or Omix mounts ($65). If OEM style are good enough, which brand should I get?

Thanks.

Maybe I should clarify my question. I want to use Oem style mounts vs something like brown dog or MORE mounts.

I am trying to figure out if Mopar OEM mounts are worth the price difference vs other OEM style mounts (non-mopar).

If the other OEM style mounts are suitable, which brands are decent?

OE Mopar (made in Canada) engine and transmission mounts are worth the price for comfort and longevity. If you're on a budget, Anchor (made in Korea) mounts are ok. Anchor's rubber is resilient, unlike the hard compound Omix China is made of. Omix rubber from India is ok; you won't know until the package is opened though. Crown Automotive products (not Crown Performance) are made in China, and have poor QC, which means quality is inconsistent.

Im fortunate (and blessed) to not be on a budget, it just seemed like a huge variance in price between Mopar and other brands. Seems like the difference delivers not only quality but consistency as well.

I have used exlusively Mopar parts for major components in my build so far - water pump, oil pump and pickup, radiator, timing chain and sprockets, oil pressure sensor etc...

Thamks for the input. Think I will stick with Mopar for the engine mounts. May go with something else for the tranny mount since it is easier to replace.

Reactions: Don Ashcraft
Whatever you choose, do NOT choose any with polyurethane bushings or you'll feel like your seat turned into a vibrating model. Go strictly with rubber as the Mopar is.

Reactions: fxrsliberty
Thanks Jerry. From everything I have read, poly is a no-go. I am building this jeep to be a beach cruiser so it has to be reliable to get us to and from the beach (about 75 miles) and around the beach while we are there. It is all about reliability and definitely want as comfortable of a ride as possible.

Im replacing my motor and transmission mount on my 99 4.0 w AX15 manual tranny.

For my purposes, I want to stick with the OEM style mount.

Should I go with Mopar or will some aftermarket OEM style mounts work?

There is a huge price difference between OEM ($200) vs Crown or Omix mounts ($65). If OEM style are good enough, which brand should I get?
Everything I have bought from Crown has been a direct bolt in and looked nearly identical. I put the Crown motor mounts and trans mount in my 99 4 cyl after trying polyurethane ones. Never had another issue. Unless your Mopar source is selling you NOS ( New Old Stock) your getting Crown grade parts , if not Crown parts.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Whatever you choose, do NOT choose any with polyurethane bushings or you'll feel like your seat turned into a vibrating model. Go strictly with rubber as the Mopar is.

X2 to this.

If you go with a MML, use the M.O.R.E. Bombproof setup. It replaces the engine mounts with new rubber mounts. I'm a big fan!

Reactions: Jerry Bransford