Mountain Home, AR

Did a bike trip from AZ to Mountain View last year. Great riding in the area. Managed a day of fishing (3 of us caught a ton of nice trout). Mt View definitely a small town, and in a dry county. Had to ride almost 20 miles across county line to buy liquor. Very pretty country. Looks like a great house and cheap compared to North Central Arizona. Only downside for me would be summer heat/humidity and skeeters. :cool:

Reactions: Rick Flair
Can't speak to internet (my guess would be probably not, but the realtor can probably tell you) but HOLY CRAP that place is awesome. I'd move there myself if that part of the country didn't make my allergies miserable from September to November. A place like that would cost $800k minimum in Colorado, and well into the millions depending on what town it was closest to.

Right? My coworker bought a cabin about 4 years ago near Corvallis. It’s awesome, on 5 acres and a little smaller. He got a deal for $800k, it was listed for 1.2 million. Seller was being relocated and needed to dump it.

You mention allergies. Living in the grass seed capital of the world right now, I suffer greatly from allergies. One of the reasons to move actually. What is there that bothers you?

Right? My coworker bought a cabin about 4 years ago near Corvallis. It’s awesome, on 5 acres and a little smaller. He got a deal for $800k, it was listed for 1.2 million. Seller was being relocated and needed to dump it.

You mention allergies. Living in the grass seed capital of the world right now, I suffer greatly from allergies. One of the reasons to move actually. What is there that bothers you?
Ragweed is the big one for me. It starts late August, early September and continues until the first freeze. It's a weak plant that's easily choked out by healthy grass but it gets pretty thick where ground has been disturbed like construction sites. Nothing touches it except nasal corticosteroids like Nasonex, but I've also recently heard long term use of those can cause cataracts. I'm also allergic to Bermuda grass which is the common turf grass there but that's more of a skin allergy so it doesn't really bother me unless I'm rolling around in it.

Ragweed is the big one for me. It starts late August, early September and continues until the first freeze. It's a weak plant that's easily choked out by healthy grass but it gets pretty thick where ground has been disturbed like construction sites. Nothing touches it except nasal corticosteroids like Nasonex, but I've also recently heard long term use of those can cause cataracts. I'm also allergic to Bermuda grass which is the common turf grass there but that's more of a skin allergy so it doesn't really bother me unless I'm rolling around in it.
One nice thing about Oregon, no ragweed.

I’ve never been around ragweed, now ya’ll got me worried! Lol, my allergies start in March/April and go well into September here.

I should get tested and see what I’m allergic to.

I’ve never been around ragweed, now ya’ll got me worried! Lol, my allergies start in March/April and go well into September here.

I should get tested and see what I’m allergic to.

I have lots of allergies, if you can handle the grass pollen in the valley you'll handle ragweed in Arkansas.

Nice place you found there. Mt View is small, but lots of outdoor stuff to do. Not too far from Mt Home or Harrison. You could alway come to Springfield or Little Rock if you need big city stuff. Nice offroad park in Hot Springs, I was there this weekend. Internet should be available but will be expensive. You could also look around Flippin or rural southern Missouri. Would put you closer to job opportunities.

Nice place you found there. Mt View is small, but lots of outdoor stuff to do. Not too far from Mt Home or Harrison. You could alway come to Springfield or Little Rock if you need big city stuff. Nice offroad park in Hot Springs, I was there this weekend. Internet should be available but will be expensive. You could also look around Flippin or rural southern Missouri. Would put you closer to job opportunities.

And how is the tax situation in Missouri? They might be better for us for work reasons.

And how is the tax situation in Missouri? They might be better for us for work reasons.
Taxes are pretty low here. Lots of small communities, you really need to get out here and look around. Find a town you like and look at some homes. Real estate taxes can be very affordable, unless you buy a bunch of acreage. Tax database is public record, you can do a search for any address.