MountaineerTom's 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Finally got this Homelink panel wired up and working. Works great and and has much more range that I thought it would have considering it's down low in the dash.

I'm behind on the winch controller relocation because of having to work some extra hours to help cover for numerous co-workers being out with Covid-19, and unfortunately one death from it. :(

• Sad
Reactions: Irun and psrivats
Finally got this Homelink panel wired up and working. Works great and and has much more range that I thought it would have considering it's down low in the dash.

I'm behind on the winch controller relocation because of having to work some extra hours to help cover for numerous co-workers being out with Covid-19, and unfortunately one death from it. :(
On the positive side, extra money for Jeep mods!

Reactions: MountaineerTom
I like the yellow fog lights. Are they replacement lenses or just film?

They are Hella brand and the glass itself is yellow. I got them off eBay 2 or 3 years ago. They ship from India, so it took a couple weeks to get them. The paint wasn’t the best so I scuffed them up and repainted the housings. Also the hole in the back where the wiring goes into it was huge, No chance of sealing out anything, so I put a glob of black RTV in the hole around the wiring.

Even with that, I love them. They are bright enough that you could drive with only them on.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...0001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=183776605820

Reactions: TWiG01
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Got this to add to my list of things that I don’t have time to do. :D

2530EA5D-7870-4B02-A1DE-08E1058F854B.jpeg

Ive got that exact one. Works great!
How did you wire in the power to your switch? I'm wondering if tapping into a constant power wire under the dash somewhere would be good enough or if it needed to be run all the way to the battery.

Was there plenty of clearance behind the panel when you cut the hole in the dash? I didn't realize how big the back side of the toggle switch was.

Also, did you use those little wire taps that came with the kit to tap into all the wires or some other way to attach them?

Made a little progress on the winch control pack upgrade and relocation today. Replaced the winch rods with the new tie plate and swapped out the short cables with my longer ones from batterycablesusa.com. I added the colored heat shrink to the ends myself.

View attachment 213718

View attachment 214147

View attachment 213719

I've put my project of relocating the WARN controller under the hood on hold for now. I haven't had time to make a mount and don't see having a lot anytime soon, so I just hooked it all back up with the short controller cables and mounted it back on top of the winch for now.

IMG_1240.JPG

Reactions: Irun
Kind of my doing.

I bought these half doors for $300 almost 4 years ago. ‘97 models with a crappy spray paint job, and even crappier door panel spray paint job, a couple cracks in the panels, missing pull handles and the footman’s loop area bent in on both side like the wind had caught the door at pulled it too far and the limiter straps bent it. It did have frames for the uppers and one decent soft upper, that I kept for a spare. I was just going to leave the bent metal because I don’t expect them to be perfect. My best friend (more like a brother) said, “I have and idea, but you have to trust me.” I said ”Usually that means you can’t trust the person.” LOL

I trust my Navajo brother. :) I do wish he’d get a Jeep though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tob
Really nice work - especially the metal work. Why was that hole there to start with?
The metal was smashed in, I'm guessing from something like the wind snapping the door back and the limiting strap pushing it in. Both side were like that. My buddy cut that section out, straightened everything and then pieced it back together.

55D86C70-EA68-4389-B6E7-876655B06370.jpeg