Mouse Rat Squirrel Nest?

cliffish

TJ Expert
Supporting Member
This is my 2014 Explorer that my daughter drives most days of the week. Pop the hood to just check things out and I find this? almost 3 feet across, they ate the hood insulation the battery handle, hard plastic cowl cover and the lid of the fuse box. They even chewed through 2 fuses and a relay!

IMG_1828.JPG
IMG_1830.JPG
IMG_1831.JPG
IMG_1832.JPG
IMG_1834.JPG

Good lord! Never had that happen to me, but I’ve heard if you let a vehicle sit for too long this can be an issue.

Does she let it sit outside for extended periods of time?

No, it is driven almost daily, maybe it sat for 2-3 days once. Yes it is outside, garage is saved for TJ, TR6 and vette aka my toys...kind of silly I leave the wife's' benze outside also and I own that, not lease!

Reactions: Chris
In my neighborhood, there are a few people (tweekers) that chew on stuff like that, ha just kidding.
Seriously though, a dude down the street has a rat problem, as well as his neighbors. He has a herd of rescue dogs and when it comes time to feed them, he just cuts open a bag of dog food and leaves it on the ground. And then at night, the rats come.
A few of his neighbors just leave the hoods of their vehicles open as not to create a dark and cozy place to nest.
Rodent issues are almost world wide and not just in SoCal.

Reactions: 06TJ35's