North Carolina Moving Overseas / Selling my 2001 TJ / 41k Miles / $37k invested

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtbrigham

Supporting Member
Price
This morning, I listed my TJ for sale on eBay. The auction goes live tonight. I am starting bidding at $15k and have set a BuyItNow at $24k. To be honest, I have no idea how best to value it or what will come of the auction. The Jeep itself is in fantastic shape, and the whole listing does a good job of breaking it down bit by bit. Because I have enjoyed this forum so much over the course of the build, I wanted to give a heads up in here.

If you haven't ever tallied the price of a build up, let me tell you it is sobering! I am in over $37k (!!!), and I know I won't get my money out of it. That's ok. Plans change. I am moving overseas with my wife and daughter to new adventures.

I am located in Charlotte, NC. The Jeep is a 60th Anniversary Edition, 3 Spd Auto I-6. I have re-geared it, lifted it, and so so much more. I never took it on the overland trips I had planned. I pretty much just enjoyed building it out.

Check out the listing and more photos here:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...0001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=333688365940

Thanks, all!

main.jpg

side-profile.jpg

steering.jpg

steering-2.jpg

rearaxle.jpg

mileage.jpg

front-interior.jpg

rear-seat.jpg

gastank.jpg

rearcorner.jpg

rear.jpg

Molle.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Great looking build, congrats on your move, it must be for insanely great reasons. First bid is in...

I noticed you have the Tuffy center console with an 8" Polk. Any pics? How was fitment of that speaker, did you build a box to fit inside the console? I ordered this console last week with the intentions of doing this so that why I'm asking.

Great front bumper and suspension parts, I have the same stuff.

Reactions: jtbrigham
I actually modified the original plastic housing that Jeep used by fixing a sheet of mdf board to it with the hole for the sub cut out, and then I wrapped the whole assembly in Noico. It wasn't the prettiest final product, but it fit perfectly, sounds punchy and deep, and it has zero vibration. Overall, I am really pleased with it.

IMG_0269.jpeg

IMG_0271.jpeg

IMG_0274.jpeg

Reactions: skrelnik
Just checked out ebay, great presentation/write up. Good luck and sorry you have to sell so soon.

Reactions: jtbrigham
One day I will pay my wife's car off, get these kids outta the house and I to will have a Jeep as pretty as yours😝 Sure you are gonna miss it!

Reactions: jtbrigham and Chris
Status
Not open for further replies.