Moving the rear upper control arm mounts

Brianj5600

TJ Expert
I want to ditch the shovel which requires a dual cardan driveshaft. I would like to remove the UCA mounts and rotate them on the axle tubes vs lengthening the upper control arms and possibly have optional holes for geometry changes. There seems to be hit and miss problems with trackbar clearance to the gas tank. Moving the UCA mount should rule that issue out plus work closer to the factory geometry.

I have seen how Jeeps West does it, but w/o optional holes. They do appear to raise the axle end of the UCA though. I will be contacting them soon.

Are there any other options for UCA mounts?

How hard is it to re-use stock spring mounts, upper and lower?

If you can afford them, adjustable upper control arms will allow you to fine tune pinion angle far more easily than moving the bracket. Adjustable lowers would also give you the option to center the axle.

I already have adjustable uppers. I'm already cutting and welding so I might as well move the UCA too. I believe there is an opportunity to improve things by raising the axle UCA mount and not putting the UCA closer to the tank. Something like this.
Those upper control arm brackets are currently being engineered and will be produced in mass quantities within the month.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk