Hawaii Moving to Oahu, where and who to wheel with?

LaneTJ

Supporting Member
I’m moving to Oahu this December and wondering if anyone here lives there or knows anywhere to wheel?

Yea Schofieild is nice. Its a little more rainy when compared to other parts of the island. Check out Mililani before you check out Wahiawa for a place to live. The housing on base is better than the rest IMO. Enoigh about that, you will hear plenty of that when you get to work.

Lots and lots of JK’s out and about in Hawaii. Not a lot of TJ’s to be seen around there and YJ’s and CJ’s are really rare to see driving around.

Reactions: Chris
I’ve found that JK owners aren’t as friendly or maybe just not as interested in Jeeps, is that just me stereotyping them or a pretty common thing?

I’ve found that JK owners aren’t as friendly or maybe just not as interested in Jeeps, is that just me stereotyping them or a pretty common thing?
no that is not you...the newer ones have been marketed to the masses as "cool" SUV...but I don't mind as it will keep suppliers of aftermarket parts in the TJ game much longer.

There are a few Jeep clubs in Hawaii with a hefty amount of JKs. The amount kf intrest in off roading has in deed grown because of JK owners.
The rental car companys in Hawaii have A LOT of jeeps they rent. Most get shipped back to the States and sold at auction. But some get sold locally. So you get a large mix of renal jeeps on the road vs actual jeep owners. That was my impression while I was in K-bay. (Navy aviation)

20140523_101749.jpg
20140523_101757.jpg

The bottom picture was taken in 2014. Get ready for endless road work.
20140526_083223.jpg