MPG's

I'm gonna try that. I was just trying to figure out the 3 speed auto vs the 5 spd manual difference other than a 5 spd being 10x more fun if the mileage was different. But it sounds like they are the same. Thanks.

in theory true but my 2014 4 cyl Buick Verano gets worse local mileage than my jeep and according to dealer, my 13ish MPG is within margin of error. burns me up, there is a modern car, 4 cyl, much lighter and gets worse milage than a 13 year old brick LOL

Something is wrong with yours. My mom has a 2012 Verano, she has an all time average of something around 26.7 mpg if I remember right. She gets probably 30 on the highway and 20-25 in town.

Reactions: Germanshepherd
Something is wrong with yours. My mom has a 2012 Verano, she has an all time average of something around 26.7 mpg if I remember right. She gets probably 30 on the highway and 20-25 in town.
if she is getting 25 in town that is excellent.. its only rated for 21 city and typically people do not get any better than the published MPG from the manufacturers.
prob is something wrong with mine but have zero tolerance for dealerships. I bought extended warranties like an idiot, first time in my life I bought extended warranty but did and dont ever use it. the dealership I bought it from sux and rather not even deal with them. had them look at it once and they said nothing wrong and cant always expect to get the MPG Buick advertises. they sure were quick to tell me it will get good mileage when I bought it lol.
maybe someday I'll take it to my regular mechanic but for the little bit I drive it, its not losing me that much money in poor gas mileage.

Reactions: Brantley
I get 12 city and 14 hwy (60mph) on my 98 TJ with 4.7 stroker, 4.5in lift, 33's, aw4 tranny and 4.56's. I think with lift and tires, we hit a glass ceiling of about 14mpg due to aerodynamics...at least that is my speculation. I could probably eek out another 1-2mpg if I had 4.10 gears due to my stroker but its not worth the effort.

A wise man once told me.. ‘ if you have to ask how the gas mileage is on your TJ, don’t buy one ’ haha and yeah everyone’s is different there are so many variables.. larger tyres, terrain, auto/manual, roof on or off