Mr. Blaine Midarm & Outboard Rubihara at a Great Price in San Diego

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jablinski

Mud as Clear
Original poster
Supporting Member
Too good to be true?
https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/d/san-diego-2005-jeep-wrangler-rubicon/7506044779.html

Screenshot_20220721-233342_craigslist.jpg

This one has been up for sale a couple times. I'm very curious about the front and rear 44s being replaced. Not saying it's bad, just wondering what drove that decision?

Reactions: Jablinski
This one has been up for sale a couple times. I'm very curious about the front and rear 44s being replaced. Not saying it's bad, just wondering what drove that decision?

The front was likely swapped to get the high pinion and because 5.38s weren't needed.

Reactions: Jablinski and Irun
That's a damn good price for a well built jeep..somebody is taking a major hit to the wallet glad its not me for once lol

Its been listed for awhile as @Irun said. I like the way LJs look with the half cab

Funny because these were the only two drawbacks I saw with the listing. Never tried sitting in a Gr8tops half-cab, but I'm 6'4" and currently run a super stretched back wind jammer.
Neither would be a deal breaker for me though.
After reading these replies, I guess another caveat would be "Why does this keep popping up for sale?"
What's so bad about it that you won't sell it to your buddy?

Edit: ...Or keep it?

Last edited:
Reactions: SvtLdr and Irun

It is a pieced together rig. The work I did on the suspension was all done to a rolling chassis and then later the outboard was burned in after the body and the rest was installed. I believe there was an issue with rust or similar that put a new frame under it. Don't quote me but that is kinda how I recall it.

Reactions: Irun and Jablinski
Funny because these were the only two drawbacks I saw with the listing. Never tried sitting in a Gr8tops half-cab, but I'm 6'4" and currently run a super stretched back wind jammer.
Neither would be a deal breaker for me though.
After reading these replies, I guess another caveat would be "Why does this keep popping up for sale?"
What's so bad about it that you won't sell it to your buddy?

Edit: ...Or keep it?

When I burned in the shock mounts after he was done with the assembly, I didn't see any red flags that said to run away. I've not seen it since then, but it wasn't bad when I saw it last. I think the biggest issue he has is normal wear and tear. It isn't beat but it isn't pristine either or wasn't.

When I burned in the shock mounts after he was done with the assembly, I didn't see any red flags that said to run away. I've not seen it since then, but it wasn't bad when I saw it last. I think the biggest issue he has is normal wear and tear. It isn't beat but it isn't pristine either or wasn't.

Yeah, after rereading the listing, I noticed that the only references to the interior are that it has Mastercraft seats and the "original rubihara dash plate"...and no interior pics🤷‍♂️
Still sounds like a lotta bang for the buck though.
I came across it searching for a Savvy front bumper. As good a deal as this seems to be, it's definitely not the route I'll be going this time to run a specific bumper😆

Status
Not open for further replies.