1. It's time to vote for the July 2018 "Ride of the Month"! Click here to vote. Voting will end on June 30th.
    Dismiss Notice

MrClean's 1999 Jeep Wrangler

Discussion in 'Member's Rides' started by MrClean, Jun 6, 2018.

1. MrClean

MrClean New Member

Well.... at 53 I purchased my first Jeep. What took me so damn long.....?.... guess all the bikes and guns kept me busy. 1999 that came with Bikini Top, Soft Top, Hard top & doors. Not in mint shape as I know the 2 owners (brothers) and they use their stuff. I'm brand new like I said so not sure if it's 'sport' or what but it has the 4.0L engine. Believe she's lifted 4" with the Mickey Thompsons stuffed under there.

Will be a work in progress to get it up to what I want to end up with but it should be fun. Right now am tearing down to replace freeze plug and exhaust manifold. He's knocking that expense off the 3500. Feel like it was a deal... we'll see.

Next is to gut inside and line it. I think the paint is salvageable with some wet sanding and clear coat. At least good enough for me. He threw in 6.5" kickers for the sound bar on it and the weird shaped ones for front panels, along with JVC head unit that will go in. Probably add a sub.

After that.... not real sure but I'm pretty sure I'll find all sorts of things to do here in the forum.

20180603_171551.jpg

Chris likes this.
  2. Rob5589

Rob5589 Rust•eze Bumper Ointment certified dealer
    Supporting Member

Cool, welcome aboard.

3. lowranger

lowranger TJ Addict
    Supporting Member Ride of the Month Winner

Welcome.... Nice looking TJ.

4. Alex01

Alex01 Enthusiast
    Supporting Member

Nice looking jeep. As far as what your jeep is and what it came with follow this link: http://jeepsies.com/jeep-build-sheet/

It will guide you through a few steps that will give you a complete build sheet for your jeep. That way you can know exactly what was on your jeep when it rolled out of the factory.

Have fun with it and welcome to the forum

MrClean likes this.
  5. MrClean

MrClean New Member

Thanks man!!!!

Welp... what I thoughtwas a leaking freeze plug turned out to be a cracked block. Lucky for me, buddy iI longerit from is giving me back 2k so I can put a motor in her.

Little more than I bargained for but I'm still in at 3500. With a newer 4.0 out of a rubicon that had never left the pavement. In a wreck that bent frame.

So here we go.... guess I should start a thread in there project thread....

Nicholas likes this.
  6. Chris

Chris Administrator
    Staff Member

It's never too late to own a Wrangler!

I look forward to seeing what you do with it!