MrClean's 1999 Jeep Wrangler

MrClean

Well.... at 53 I purchased my first Jeep. What took me so damn long.....?.... guess all the bikes and guns kept me busy. 1999 that came with Bikini Top, Soft Top, Hard top & doors. Not in mint shape as I know the 2 owners (brothers) and they use their stuff. I'm brand new like I said so not sure if it's 'sport' or what but it has the 4.0L engine. Believe she's lifted 4" with the Mickey Thompsons stuffed under there.

Will be a work in progress to get it up to what I want to end up with but it should be fun. Right now am tearing down to replace freeze plug and exhaust manifold. He's knocking that expense off the 3500. Feel like it was a deal... we'll see.

Next is to gut inside and line it. I think the paint is salvageable with some wet sanding and clear coat. At least good enough for me. He threw in 6.5" kickers for the sound bar on it and the weird shaped ones for front panels, along with JVC head unit that will go in. Probably add a sub.

After that.... not real sure but I'm pretty sure I'll find all sorts of things to do here in the forum.

20180603_171551.jpg

Nice looking jeep. As far as what your jeep is and what it came with follow this link: http://jeepsies.com/jeep-build-sheet/

It will guide you through a few steps that will give you a complete build sheet for your jeep. That way you can know exactly what was on your jeep when it rolled out of the factory.

Have fun with it and welcome to the forum

Reactions: MrClean
Thanks man!!!!

Welp... what I thoughtwas a leaking freeze plug turned out to be a cracked block. Lucky for me, buddy iI longerit from is giving me back 2k so I can put a motor in her.

Little more than I bargained for but I'm still in at 3500. With a newer 4.0 out of a rubicon that had never left the pavement. In a wreck that bent frame.

So here we go.... guess I should start a thread in there project thread....

Reactions: Nicholas
It's never too late to own a Wrangler!

I look forward to seeing what you do with it!

The saga continues.... first engine that came out of a Rubicon made it to the shop before it was noticed that the motor mount flange was busted in the side collision. So on to the next engine out of a 2004 model. It seems to be good so moving along with swapping it out. Here's a couple pics of the massive crackS in the old block. Not sure if I'm going to keep the head off the old engine or just scrap it all. Hopefully will finish up this weekend and have her on the road.
IMG_2730.jpg
IMG_2731.jpg
Jeep.jpg

Reactions: Nicholas
Yep, and he readily admitted that he put it up last winter without antifreeze. He took the expense of replacing engine off price so I'm still in under 3500 at this point..... hopefully will be on road again soon.

Lort.... been chasing down a miss.... kinda. Codes were indicating Camshaft position sensor/Crankshaft position sensor comm errors to ECM. Checked distributor and it had a LOT of slack laterally. Bought a new one and installed, but didn't fix it. If did clear the Camshaft position sensor code though, so made a little progress. This 'miss'/spike in rpm gauge showed much more when hitting a bad bump, so began tracing wiring. Looooong story short, found that just below the molex plug that goes into the coil was the issue. Both wires' insulation had cracks and showing copper. I really wasn't sure but still knew it needed to be fixed. Cut/Splice/Solder/Heat shrink and BOOM..... problem clear and gone!!!!

Now I can move on to the next "fun" project on it.... uPol Raptor Tan bedliner going on the inside. Have a black kit also (because I changed my mind on color) so guess I'll do fender flares, hard top and maybe a few other parts in black.

The next "NO fun" project will be the heater core.... may pull dash and do that while lining. Perhaps that'll make it less painful. :)