California Mt. Patterson, CA (anyone done this trail)

Plumber1

Tito's, Tacos and Trails
Supporting Member
I have been invited to go with a group to do the road to Mt. Patterson. Just wondering if anyone else has made this trip. It's not a serious off road trail but looks to have a lot of great views.

Mount Patterson is a high mountain peak at an elevation of 3.551m (11,650ft) above the sea level, located in Mono County, in the east central portion of the U.S. state of California. It’s one of the highest mountain roads of California.

https://www.dangerousroads.org/north-america/usa/7325-mount-patterson.html

Reactions: DrDmoney
I suggest you go. I did it once in August of 2012... While not exactly challenging, the whole trail is beautiful and there are some really cool sights along the way.

At the peak of the trail, you are above the treeline. The colors of the rock formations make you feel like you are on another planet. It looks like you can see the ends of the earth from there. The pictures below don't do it justice.

When I was there, there was a flag pole on the peak. The flag was pretty tattered so we replaced it with ours out of the Jeep. You might want to bring a 2x3 flag with you in case it is in need of replacement.

The drive up to the summit was much more lush and green that these pictures of the actual summit would lead you to believe.

IMG_2457-1.JPG

IMG_2466-1.JPG

IMG_2472-1.JPG

IMG_2474-1.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Daryl
Thanks for the replies looks like I will be doing it. I will post some pic's if we end up going