Mud dauber's 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Hey Dauber, just bumping this for your opinion on that apex winch? Had to use it at all?
I have not had to use it yet. I have checked that it still works as recently as a week ago and it works still. I have no doubt about it’s ability. I even went to a OHV park and can’t get the Jeep into a position to get stuck. The very hard trails were so hard I don’t think I could have gotten into them to get stuck. I’m sure it will happen soon enough.

Reactions: chimmike
I took care of some items, like rekeying the rear lock to fit the door locks, zero cost out of pocket. I did that myself with help from Youtube. The locksmith wanted $100.00 to rekey the lock. I downloaded the build info for my vehicle and I realized that I could easily upgrade my rear view mirror to what was OE for this vehicle. I upgraded to the Dodge 170 AMP alternator in prep for a winch. I upgraded to the ZJ tie rod, which I recommend. I added dual purpose USB charging port which tells you your battery condition or if you have the phone plugged in it will tell you how much charge it is taking. I am using a Popsocket to mount my phone up above the rear view mirror for navigation. I added some LED light pods and yellow bulbs in the fog lamps, as. It all is working great.

View attachment 71110

View attachment 71111

View attachment 71112

View attachment 71114

View attachment 71116
I have been trying to find out info on a compass mirror like you installed. Was yours pre-wired? I have a 2005 LJR and it doesn't have that mirror.

Hi

When I got my Jeep it was a salvage vehicle. When I took possession of my Jeep it had a basic mirror. I downloaded the build sheet for my Jeep and it said it was built with the temp/compass mirror. I went looking for the wires and found them. The Temp sensor should be mounted near the bottom of the radiator. If your build sheet does not have it listed I am not sure how you go about running wire and a sensor to it. But it should be doable. I hope this helps.

Scott