Muffler heat shield replacement question

smurphy

The heat shield and my son's Jeep 1998 TJ 2.5 l 5 speed heat shield fell off, now his carpet has a little bit of a burn mark. looking for a heat shield found a Flowmaster aftermarket heat shield I believe it's 22 in Long by 11 inches wide. I know my son's Muffler is 17 in Long and around 11 in wide. does anyone have any experience with the Flowmaster heat shields or should I go with an oem or another route?

The heat shield and my son's Jeep 1998 TJ 2.5 l 5 speed heat shield fell off, now his carpet has a little bit of a burn mark. looking for a heat shield found a Flowmaster aftermarket heat shield I believe it's 22 in Long by 11 inches wide. I know my son's Muffler is 17 in Long and around 11 in wide. does anyone have any experience with the Flowmaster heat shields or should I go with an oem or another route?

I’m in the same situation. Have been looking for several weeks now. Can’t seem to find an OEM or aftermarket heat shield for under the tub. I can find the exhaust manifold shield all day long online.

I’m gonna give what Chris suggested a try. Just have a hard time believing that something as thin, and that is attached to the same surface I’m trying to keep cool, is going to be all that effective. I reckon anything is worth a shot though. The smell of melting carpet has gotta go! Plus the extra heat inside the cab 🥵

Let me know how it works. I just ordered the flowmaster heat shield #51022 it's 22 inches long and 11 inches wide. My sons muffler is only 17 inches long so with the little extra hangover it should give it a little more coverage. I'll post how it works once I get it on and test it out.

Reactions: TJBob
Let me know how it works. I just ordered the flowmaster heat shield #51022 it's 22 inches long and 11 inches wide. My sons muffler is only 17 inches long so with the little extra hangover it should give it a little more coverage. I'll post how it works once I get it on and test it out.

Update ? With photos please ? Ima try to find one at the junkyard.