Multi function switch replacement

Germanshepherd

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Hi, I noticed my fog light icon will go on and off on the dashboard when hitting potholes etc and when I wiggle the headlight/turn signal lever, I can get it to toggle on and off (without the fog light switch pulled out) so I know there is something wrong with the switch. I read a lot about people having the problem with fog lights staying on and was due to bad multifunction switch.

I saw some vids on how to replace it, simple enough but noticed some people had to remove the steering wheel to so do while others did not. I have an 04, do you know if the 04 requires removing the steering wheel? from what I am reading it sounds like certain years required removal but cant pin point the actual year.
I think i am fine without having to remove the steering wheel but can anyone confirm?

thx

No it doesn't require removing the steering wheel. You need to take apart the dash and behind the wheel there are some screws you just disconnect the wires and then it comes right out. There is a little cube looking Device on the switch that you need to save but other than that it's pretty easy. Just be sure to keep up with all the screws and parts and you should be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No it doesn't require removing the steering wheel. You need to take apart the dash and behind the wheel there are some screws you just disconnect the wires and then it comes right out. There is a little cube looking Device on the switch that you need to save but other than that it's pretty easy. Just be sure to keep up with all the screws and parts and you should be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thanks.. then I'll follow the one vid I saw on youtube that shows exactly what you said.. If I had to remove the steering wheel then I would not attempt it..

The MFS had to be replaced in my 01 to get the fog lights working. I want to say it was about a ten minute job, super easy!

Reactions: Germanshepherd