Must be a Texas Jeep

I don’t think one needs permission, but we Texans do have a lot of pride in our state. We just like it here. I”m not sure why because I’ve never really lived anywhere else for that long. Kansas did kind of suck, and I can understand why Dorothy wanted to go home. Texas was your real home Dorothy!

Ultimately, though, I think I’d also like Colorado, and possibly Florida and maybe, just maybe Northern California.
You would like Northern California. We have Mountains... trees, creeks and rivers and even an ocean if you're interested in that. National forests and BLM land to run around in and explore.

Reactions: Jack72 and JMT
Austin is weird....
That is the battle cry.
5292a075ed056d6668ce73496a4f402e.jpg

I've long found it amusing that my favorite thing about Texas is the same part most of Texas doesn't like about itself.

Last edited:
You would like Northern California. We have Mountains... trees, creeks and rivers and even an ocean if you're interested in that. National forests and BLM land to run around in and explore.
North-east, east and south-east of CO is not appealing.
Everywhere west, north-west, and south-west of Denver is beautiful.

Reactions: jjvw
And an open invitation, it sounds like. I’m interested in all of that...I’d love to visit.

Austin is weird...I have an old high school buddy in round rock.
Somebody stole my response. Austin is weird and apparently they are doing everything they can to keep it that way. My wife hates it. I hated it until two years ago when I found their MTB trails, a lot of hidden gems in the Barton Spring area and Franklin’s BBQ.

Reactions: b0xcar
Somebody stole my response. Austin is weird and apparently they are doing everything they can to keep it that way. My wife hates it. I hated it until two years ago when I found their MTB trails, a lot of hidden gems in the Barton Spring area and Franklin’s BBQ.
That is the battle cry.
View attachment 55472
I've long found it amusing that my favorite thing about Texas is the same part most of Texas doesn't like about itself.

Yeah, I know about the "Keep Austin Weird" thing...that's why I posted it. I thought it was a cool place to visit, but I don't know that I could live there. Although...Michigan keeps raising their taxes, I may be looking to move. I have some Family in Northern Cali, I have friends in Denver, Friends in Texas...

I thought I loved being in Texas until I went to western colorado and the Bitterroot Valley in Montana. Now I cant wait to move away from the flat boring DFW area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: TJ2 and JMT
I thought I loved being in Texas until I went to western colorado and the Bitterroot Valley in Montana. Now I cant wait to move away from the flat boring DFW area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Good for you, might be a tad younger than me.

Winter times are brutal but is beautiful over the western mountains. (I live in Lakewood for 2 years) however people look at what you wear and what you drive... always keeping up with the Joneses.
On the other hand, the Panhandle is a flat land but very friendly people, where I am at is just perfect on winters and dry-heat on summers - no humidity (.)
I moved from Chicago to north-west TX where people are down to earth with simple living (the opposite to west Denver people) IMHO. It's good to explore. Good luck to you.

Last edited:

Actually Austin is nothing like it used to be. I’ve only been working there for 15 years and in that short time I’ve seen a lot of Austin icons disappear. The city sold its soul to Californians who have moved in by the droves. I work with a few folks who grew up here and I believe Austin in the 80’s and 90’s was the hay day. Also, Austin is also referred to as the San Francisco of Texas due to the left leaning politics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually Austin is nothing like it used to be. I’ve only been working there for 15 years and in that short time I’ve seen a lot of Austin icons disappear. The city sold its soul to Californians who have moved in by the droves. I work with a few folks who grew up here and I believe Austin in the 80’s and 90’s was the hay day. Also, Austin is also referred to as the San Francisco of Texas due to the left leaning politics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I grew up there as a kid from 1975-82. I agree with the CA statement. Not only in Austin, but in our town as well. Yeah, the politics of Austin is left leaning for sure, contrary to the majority of our people. Irony since Austin is the capital. There are still conservatives there. It’s a sharp divide, even on the UT campus. I’m glad I don’t live there. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jack72
Austin is great.. it's the wannabe hippies and hipsters who think getting inked to high heaven makes them the face of weirdness there. And most aren't even from there. But the music fests, Lone Star Roundup, beer & bbq keep me going back again and again.