My '03 TJ Rubi and overland trailer

D Turlington

This is my 2003 Tj rubicon, happily nicknamed claire.

Purchased it in 2015 for $5500 (yes, i know.) with 136000 on the ODO now at 150000.

She's currently sitting on 33" Fierce Attitude MT's with 3.5 inches of spring and 1" Body lift.

I also have installed a york OBA system which fills a 1 gallon tank behind the drivers seat which is plumbed to both bumpers for easy access

The trailer is an M416 trailer manufactured in the early 60's. Replaced all springs, shocks, canvas, axle brakes, and replaced the aftermarket ball hitch with a lunette.

I dont wanna go on and on so if you have any questions feel free to drop a reply with any you might have.

MVIMG_20180531_183228_Smallr.png

17492674_10211756718420650_5977032235479357352_o.jpg

20170812_105626.jpg

MVIMG_20180516_175341.jpg

Reactions: Rob5589
Ummm...$5,500? There has got to be a story in there, somewhere. Please share!

Haha okay, so I saw it pop up on Craigslist and it looked like an obvious spam so I ignored it. Well a month goes by and I really want another Jeep so I drive the 1 1/2 hours to go see it and it's real! I didn't expect it to be real so I only had 5500 cash on me for another Jeep I was going to look at. I get to talking with him and I'm the first person to look at it since he posted it and he's leaving the country the next day, so I offered him what I had and he accepted it.

Still talk to him now and then too.

Reactions: Squatch
Great looking trailer...any other plans for it like adding a RTT and making it a camping trailer?

Haha okay, so I saw it pop up on Craigslist and it looked like an obvious spam so I ignored it. Well a month goes by and I really want another Jeep so I drive the 1 1/2 hours to go see it and it's real! I didn't expect it to be real so I only had 5500 cash on me for another Jeep I was going to look at. I get to talking with him and I'm the first person to look at it since he posted it and he's leaving the country the next day, so I offered him what I had and he accepted it.

Still talk to him now and then too.
Well, Sir, that has got to be one of the coolest stories ever! @D Turlington for the win!!!

Haha, thank ya kindly! I get people all the time saying its BS in local clubs but whenever i bring the title with the amount paid nobody wants to argue :p
Let 'em think what they will. You know what's true and what isn't. And if it happened like you said and you're holding the title, I say that makes you the winner. Way cool! :thumbsup:

Reactions: D Turlington