my 03 wrangler X build

Got some goodies in the mail..

74413C89-950F-45A4-A82F-85C760603C6C_zpsuvwetlhf.jpg

The link isn't working. If I had a working link I could easily figure it out.

The exhaust was a whole project in itself. Everything unbolted just fine. Downpipe bolted right up very nicely. The down stream
Cat, not so much. The hanger they welded to the cat was no where near hanging in the factory location. The flange put the cat at a funky angle. Ended up having to nip the hanger off the cat, to get it to bolt up. Went ahead and put the dynomax cat back on and fired it up. Very quiet mellow tone. Suddenly it starts to rattle like crazy. Ended up having to pull my skidplate back off, to find an 02 sensor plug in the problematic cat had come loses. Needless to say I can't say I recommend the bosal down stream cat. Caused nothing but trouble.
20BC7E78-9DAE-4F49-9385-242CEECFC7ED_zpsrh27fvui.jpg

FAC1030F-3665-43D2-92BB-2B39F0117A2E_zps6nat7nvr.jpg

6D8CA985-9F03-4C2A-8AB0-2E45A288CA95_zps7h47opde.jpg

My OCD can barley handle the fact the cat and muffler aren't straight with one another.

So for future reference-

This cat..
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002E225NC/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Paired with this down pipe..
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0049AYRFQ/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Does not fit with the hanger on the cat. I had to cut the hanger off to make it all fit. For parts that are supposed to be direct replacement, I'm very let down with this.

Really? Being as though they're both made by the same manufacturer, you'd think they would fit, right?

I know the Walker ones (which are a bit more spendy) will fit.

Really? Being as though they're both made by the same manufacturer, you'd think they would fit, right?

I know the Walker ones (which are a bit more spendy) will fit.
I have no idea why things didn't fit properly. All the guys I know who do exhaust on the regular spoke very highly of bosal. I'm really unhappy with it. Hindsight, I should have just sent the cat back vs cutting off the factory hanger and welding the oem hanger on.

Reactions: Ron505
I have no idea why things didn't fit properly. All the guys I know who do exhaust on the regular spoke very highly of bosal. I'm really unhappy with it. Hindsight, I should have just sent the cat back vs cutting off the factory hanger and welding the oem hanger on.

Well, I guess this makes me glad I went with the Walkers!