My 06 LJ

Drafthorse

Bought this in July and looked like this...
IMG_1886.JPG

Tow hooks mounted backwards and all!
06 LJ 6spd no rust and pretty much stock... except for the engine which the PO replaced at 85k (170 on the clock). New Bestop top. Exterior looks great. Interior was/ is needing work. But everything works. Carpet was pulled (moldy from rain) seats are kinda nasty (cleaned them).
Some surface rust in the cab, which I'm dealing with.
So, the guy had bought it from his ex wife who didn't care for it (new engine) and he rehabbed it for his new wife. She drove it a bit, but didn't like the manny tranny. Found it on CL for... $7k and bought it for $6250. Score! Did the Vin lookup and it confirmed what I thought- Sahara build too.
Put some $ into it and it sits like this now...
IMG_0069.JPG
IMG_0070.JPG
IMG_0071.JPG

Need help with back seat which the cable is broke and seat back won't go down...
Got Bedrug for the cab, need a radio, doing the speedo upgrade, LED gauge light upgrade, LED headlights and some other stuff.
This site has been very helpful and I just wanted to share with you my new ride!
Thanks Chris and other contributors for all the info found here. I'm not super knowledgeable, but I figure I can't mess things up too bad... right?

Last edited:
Reactions: rasband and Chris
Wow what a deal. Looking great. The wheels, tires, and lift really transformed it.

Great looking LJ, and great choice on the wheels as well!

Unless that thing is completely rusted out underneath, I'd say you got a damn good deal for $6250!

Yeah, I really stepped into a sweet deal.
In Maryland, the inspection process is crazy. Very detailed as they only inspect once...ever, as I understand. We just moved here.
It didn't need anything of substance to pass, so it was in good shape. Nothing wrong underneath.

Reactions: Chris