My '06 TJ "Toad" Project

I've had good luck with the ZJ upgrade. it has survived the Rubicon, Slick Rock, Moab, and a bunch of local abuse.

Not much time left to get the Toad ready for AZ; but don't think I'll have time to install the Poison Spyder Hood vent before then...

So just slap on a new pair of lens and frames, and double checked the fluids...
20170723_190701.jpg

Any advice where to wheel around Sedona area???

Also replaced the front sway bay & quick disconnects with the Currie Anti-Rock a couple of weeks ago. Drove it last weekend, didnt do much crawling to test the articulation, so didnt yet get to appreciate the full value; but it looks cool.

It did have a little more lean in the vehicle than stock when cornering, but wasnt that bad as the boyz in front of me (in the tacomas) who completely removed there sway bars. :)View attachment 18558

Also @bobthetj03; if you noticed in the picture above, I did change the front treads to match the back! heheheView attachment 18561

Lastly, anybody looking for JKS Quick Disconnects? one of the pins that you connect the bar to is slightly damaged, but still works; you can order a replacement from JKS, if you want:View attachment 18562 View attachment 18563
Still have the JKS Quick Discos? If JamesandtheSahara didn't get them I might!

Reactions: JamesAndTheSahara
Haven't heard from @JamesAndTheSahara in a while, so I guess they are up for grabs...
Man I sure feel like crap lol. Sorry for not proceeding forward with pursuing them, the day I contacted you a peer in my local Jeep club gave me a free set of quick disconnects and installed them immediately. My apologies! Please pass them to another deserving member, let thoe disconnects see some real use!

Reactions: JMT
@G-Whiz, are the stands under the axle? If so there isnt much space between the jouce bumper and the pad. I remember you saying you didn't get much lift, looks that way. Mine is the SE so lighter than yours but, with a heavy duty Moog coil and a 1.25" spacer I had 5.5" between the same spots.

I've got a lot of added weight up front; bumper, winch, skids (belly, radiator, steering, control arm), dual batteries, dual compressors and a bunch of other after market stuff.

I also installed the bump stops spacer; so lessens the gap...

But yeah, not much increase...

I've got a lot of added weight up front; bumper, winch, skids (belly, radiator, steering, control arm), dual batteries, dual compressors and a bunch of other after market stuff.

I also installed the bump stops spacer; so lessens the gap...

But yeah, not much increase...
Ahhh, the spacer makes sense.

After long break from mods on my jeep, decided it was time from a shock upgrade after trailblazing a couple of weekends ago.

The "King" has arrived and will be joining me on future runs; test run will be blazing thru the Mojave Dessert in a few weeks....
20181010_185142.jpg

20181011_181558.jpg
20181012_153027.jpg

20181012_155659.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob5589