My 10th Anniversary Wrangler Rubicon

ELBRAVO

image.jpeg

You lucky bastard! Is that an anniversary edition?
Chris, I started by Trading in 2013 2 Door Sport in order to buy my retirement vehicle. My kids are already in college and I don't have a lot of time and energy to rebuild a Sport the way I would want my Jeep to be. I also had the same idea you considered and that was the DANA 44 front Axle. I also traded in my V-10 / 4x4 2,000 Excursion that only had 68,000 miles on it because we mostly used it when my son was playing baseball and for long vacation trips.

When the young salesman at CarMax asked why I was trading in all of my vehicles I told him that I wanted to buy Rubicon so that I would not have to do a lot of work on it.

He asked me if I would mind if he could look in the company inventory and up pops the Black on Black 10th Anniversary 2 Door edition.

I told him to order it for me and three days later I get a phone call indicating my Jeep had arrived. They didn't have time to even put on their sticker. When I arrived, I could see a bunch of people circling it like Sharks. It had a sign on the front windshield stating buyer vehicle pending sale or something like that. I immediately dropped down below the vehicle and it was completely spotless, which meant that it was never taken off-road.
I didn't even try to drive it, went inside and closed the sale. A week later I decided to call the Jeep Customer Service and gave them my VIN and asked how many of this type and models had been manufactured on the production line and 3 days later a young lady left me a voicemail indicating that there were only something like 1,684 built like the one I found. I do believe it was Divine Intervention. By that time I had already taken it on a test run for above 50+ miles on a rocky road through the Everglades. The only bad thing I noticed is that with the BFG tires, it happens to pickup small rocks and ding your rear fender. I guess some mud flaps can fix that minor detail. I consider myself extremely lucky and thank God everyday that I was able to find it.
Stay safe,
Rocky

Reactions: Fonz54 and Chris
Chris, I started by Trading in 2013 2 Door Sport in order to buy my retirement vehicle. My kids are already in college and I don't have a lot of time and energy to rebuild a Sport the way I would want my Jeep to be. I also had the same idea you considered and that was the DANA 44 front Axle. I also traded in my V-10 / 4x4 2,000 Excursion that only had 68,000 miles on it because we mostly used it when my son was playing baseball and for long vacation trips.

When the young salesman at CarMax asked why I was trading in all of my vehicles I told him that I wanted to buy Rubicon so that I would not have to do a lot of work on it.

He asked me if I would mind if he could look in the company inventory and up pops the Black on Black 10th Anniversary 2 Door edition.

I told him to order it for me and three days later I get a phone call indicating my Jeep had arrived. They didn't have time to even put on their sticker. When I arrived, I could see a bunch of people circling it like Sharks. It had a sign on the front windshield stating buyer vehicle pending sale or something like that. I immediately dropped down below the vehicle and it was completely spotless, which meant that it was never taken off-road.
I didn't even try to drive it, went inside and closed the sale. A week later I decided to call the Jeep Customer Service and gave them my VIN and asked how many of this type and models had been manufactured on the production line and 3 days later a young lady left me a voicemail indicating that there were only something like 1,684 built like the one I found. I do believe it was Divine Intervention. By that time I had already taken it on a test run for above 50+ miles on a rocky road through the Everglades. The only bad thing I noticed is that with the BFG tires, it happens to pickup small rocks and ding your rear fender. I guess some mud flaps can fix that minor detail. I consider myself extremely lucky and thank God everyday that I was able to find it.
Stay safe,
Rocky

You made a very, very good choice! The 10th anniversary Rubicon is hands down the best Wrangler JK model ever produced. I absolutely love the way they look with that aggressive hood and bumper. Does yours have the red interior as well?

You're certainly right, you shouldn't need to do anything to that Rubicon. The anniversary model is loaded from the factory so I don't even think theres's anything else you'd need to do.

If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for it?

Absolutely love it Rocky! I agree with Chris, the anniversary edition is the best of the JKs.

Let's see more pics when you get a chance!

Thank you guys for the kind compliments. I get the feeling that this 10-A was most likely a company owned vehicle. I can't even believe that someone in their right mind would ever consider selling it with "only" 4,000 miles on it.

The 2 door 10-A came Completely Loaded with the only exception is that it came with a hardtop. There is an option to buy it with a "dual"top. According to the VIN, and the factory, there were only about 1,682 models made on the assembly line during 2013.

I am trying to respond to multiple inquiries, one has to do with the color of the interior. This one came entirely with a Black on Black package. The interior is a Black Leather with all Black stitching.
I recall going Bass fishing in the Everglades one day with another Jeep buddy and we both got drenched with a typical South Florida thunderstorm.

When I got home I decided it was time to order a set of Neoprene seat covers and they work just fine. I also got a steering wheel cover, because no matter how hard try to wash your hands after landing a nice Bass, well you know what I mean.... you don't want your rig, or, steering wheel smelling like fish!
I am currently home recovering from back surgery. As soon as I am able to, I will upload some pics.
One of the things on my "Bucket List" is to be able to visit some of the places where you all live. Perhaps you could put together a special place in your website for some of us older Jeep lovers us that still dare to dream of going to some beautiful Off-roading in this beautiful country!

Reactions: Chris
Hello,
I'm am new at uploading this stuff from my iPhone. Please let me know if they came through all right.

Stay safe,

The pictures came through perfect, and your Rubicon looks gorgeous. I'm very jealous!

Thank you guys for the kind compliments. I get the feeling that this 10-A was most likely a company owned vehicle. I can't even believe that someone in their right mind would ever consider selling it with "only" 4,000 miles on it.

The 2 door 10-A came Completely Loaded with the only exception is that it came with a hardtop. There is an option to buy it with a "dual"top. According to the VIN, and the factory, there were only about 1,682 models made on the assembly line during 2013.

I am trying to respond to multiple inquiries, one has to do with the color of the interior. This one came entirely with a Black on Black package. The interior is a Black Leather with all Black stitching.
I recall going Bass fishing in the Everglades one day with another Jeep buddy and we both got drenched with a typical South Florida thunderstorm.

When I got home I decided it was time to order a set of Neoprene seat covers and they work just fine. I also got a steering wheel cover, because no matter how hard try to wash your hands after landing a nice Bass, well you know what I mean.... you don't want your rig, or, steering wheel smelling like fish!
I am currently home recovering from back surgery. As soon as I am able to, I will upload some pics.
One of the things on my "Bucket List" is to be able to visit some of the places where you all live. Perhaps you could put together a special place in your website for some of us older Jeep lovers us that still dare to dream of going to some beautiful Off-roading in this beautiful country!

A company owned vehicle? DAMN... All I can say is if that is true that would be one hell of a company to work for! My bet is that someone traded it in (or sold it) because they probably got in over their head with car payments. The new JK Rubicons are damn expensive, and if you were financing one without a decent down payment you'd have some very hefty car payments!

Do you plan on getting a hard top? You probably don't need one where you live, but here in Oregon a hard top is a really nice thing to have with as much as it rains.

I'll definitely look into putting a section like that on the website. I can tell you first hand that there are some absolutely amazing places to go off-roading in Oregon and the rest of the West Coast as well!

Reactions: ELBRAVO
I appreciate your compliments. Time is the most valuable asset anyone can have, the "key" is to try to make every second count, enjoy the moment, no matter where you are.

You, are extremely blessed to own an awesome American classic Rubicon; equally important is the fact that you also have access to some of the most beautiful places on earth, in your neck-of-the-woods.

I enjoyed my 2 door Sport to the max. Without it, I couldn't have found the 10-A when I traded it in.

I know that my prayers were answered when I found my 10-A Rubi, and if I am lucky, perhaps one day my wife and I can be able to visit some of those classic off road places like the Rubicon trail, or MOAB.

I have been able to visit some awesome National & State Parks throughout Florida, and really enjoyed the experience.

I am only minutes away from Everglades National Park and try to do my best at some Bass Fishing whenever possible.

One day if you happen to come down to Miami, feel free to contact me and I will try to show you around.

Stay safe my friend,

ELBRAVO / Rocky

Reactions: Chris
I appreciate your compliments. Time is the most valuable asset anyone can have, the "key" is to try to make every second count, enjoy the moment, no matter where you are.

You, are extremely blessed to own an awesome American classic Rubicon; equally important is the fact that you also have access to some of the most beautiful places on earth, in your neck-of-the-woods.

I enjoyed my 2 door Sport to the max. Without it, I couldn't have found the 10-A when I traded it in.

I know that my prayers were answered when I found my 10-A Rubi, and if I am lucky, perhaps one day my wife and I can be able to visit some of those classic off road places like the Rubicon trail, or MOAB.

I have been able to visit some awesome National & State Parks throughout Florida, and really enjoyed the experience.

I am only minutes away from Everglades National Park and try to do my best at some Bass Fishing whenever possible.

One day if you happen to come down to Miami, feel free to contact me and I will try to show you around.

Stay safe my friend,

ELBRAVO / Rocky

Will do! The 10-A is definitely rare. I see them pop up every so often around my area and they go for around 50k if I remember correctly. One day I may buy one myself, but for the time being I've got so much money into my current Rubicon (including a supercharger kit I just ordered) that it makes no sense to sell it.

The same goes for you as well if you're ever in Oregon!

These are all some really nice pictures you've posted. I love seeing pictures of Jeeps. I'll have to post mine on here sometime as well.

That's a great looking Rubicon. When you get ready to unload that front bumper let me know. I've been looking for one of those.