My 2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon TJ

It is interesting your post about ratings. Seems now it's all about diff itself and strength of tubes.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I agree. The good thing is that with the Dana 44 it has a stronger pumpkin than say just a Dana 30 or Dana 35. As for the tubes, at some point I plan on beefing those up as well. Though knowing me I'll just go overboard with a set of Dynatrac or Currie built axles.

One of the biggest weak points of the TJ Rubicons is the POS limited slip diffs on the D44s. The locker assembly itself is semi strong although nothing like an ARB or Detroit. The tubes bend. I have seen many examples around Moab especially during novice week by that I mean Easter Jeep Safari.
Lots of people go a long time on the 30/35s. It just kinda depends on how you drive them. Bounce them, spin them into solid traction-—--well do it enough and everything will break.

One of the biggest weak points of the TJ Rubicons is the POS limited slip diffs on the D44s. The locker assembly itself is semi strong although nothing like an ARB or Detroit. The tubes bend. I have seen many examples around Moab especially during novice week by that I mean Easter Jeep Safari.
Lots of people go a long time on the 30/35s. It just kinda depends on how you drive them. Bounce them, spin them into solid traction-—--well do it enough and everything will break.

At some point I am probably going to pay some big bucks and have some Currie or Dynatrac axles built to my specifications. That way I'll never have to worry again!

At some point I am probably going to pay some big bucks and have some Currie or Dynatrac axles built to my specifications. That way I'll never have to worry again!
See the last sentence in my reply.

See the last sentence in my reply.

Yeah, I am confident my D44s should last for a long time since I don't beat the piss out of them.

My plan when the lockers fail (if that happens) is to replace them with the Eaton e-lockers which I am a big fan of.

Of course, now you've got me contemplating a V8 swap (seriously).

Yeah, I am confident my D44s should last for a long time since I don't beat the piss out of them.

My plan when the lockers fail (if that happens) is to replace them with the Eaton e-lockers which I am a big fan of.

Of course, now you've got me contemplating a V8 swap (seriously).

That's how it happened with me. I like to talk folks into spending their money on stuff so I can see what works and what doesn't?

Reactions: Calvin.8
That's how it happened with me. I like to talk folks into spending their money on stuff so I can see what works and what doesn't?

Ahhh, that V8 power would just totally transform the vehicle!

Almost done installing the Currie lift!

IMG_5149.JPG

BTW a friend of mine spent mega bucks for a custom G2 axle installed by one of the big name outfitters in Moab a couple of years or so ago. He just twisted the hell out of it in St George, UT this year. Ya just gotta know how to drive and it is expensive learning.

BTW a friend of mine spent mega bucks for a custom G2 axle installed by one of the big name outfitters in Moab a couple of years or so ago. He just twisted the hell out of it in St George, UT this year. Ya just gotta know how to drive and it is expensive learning.

I think that even the nicest axles (his G2 in this case) can still be destroyed due to improper driving. What a painful sight though to witness such an expensive axle get destroyed.

Just goes to show that there's never any replacement for good driving technique, whether it be on-road or off-road.

Looks good, it looks like it is setting level front to rear. Did you add anything to the front springs to make it this way?

Jason

Thanks!

Nope, the Currie kit seems to sit perfectly level front to rear, which I really like. It still has to settle in, but I have heard from other Currie owners that the Currie kit doesn't settle much at all.

I have the Currie/Savvy 4" Lift and I like it... a lot. It's been on the Jeep for several months with no issues (knocking on wood). I do have a slight front end upward stance that I attribute to the ice chest, tools, survival gear, first aid gear, etc. that I carry.

That looks great, and does not sit as high as I thought it would. Can you measure your front and rear springs?

That looks great, and does not sit as high as I thought it would. Can you measure your front and rear springs?

Measure them compressed or uncompressed?

With 33" tires it looks perfect. Just enough took with the stock fender flares to allow plenty of tire clearance.

Measured just as they sit at ride height, then we will know how much lift you got out of it.