A Story of Indecision and Frivolous Spending

This is a picture of the sensor I added on the drivers side, and yes it looks the same as the one on the passenger side. The part number is 56042395. Also, the Jeeps with the factory temp/compass mirror sensor came equipped with a bracket, part number 56047123-AB. I did not use a bracket when I added the Sebring mirror, i just used a bolt and wing nut.

IMG_1409.JPG

And, here is the my mirror. I could not live without homelink in the mirror (1st world problems).

IMG_1410.JPG

Reactions: derekmac
This is a picture of the sensor I added on the drivers side, and yes it looks the same as the one on the passenger side. The part number is 56042395. Also, the Jeeps with the factory temp/compass mirror sensor came equipped with a bracket, part number 56047123-AB. I did not use a bracket when I added the Sebring mirror, i just used a bolt and wing nut.

And, here is the my mirror. I could not live without homelink in the mirror (1st world problems).

Part number 56042395 was replaced with part number 5149265AB (the one I linked to in my Amazon link). That one I linked to in my Amazon is the same one that is on my passenger side. Do you know why there would already be an ambient air temp sensor on the passenger side? Seems a bit odd, no?

I'll probably skip the bracket like you did. I wish I had gotten a HomeLink mirror! I love the HomeLink on our Subaru.

Part number 56042395 was replaced with part number 5149265AB (the one I linked to in my Amazon link). That one I linked to in my Amazon is the same one that is on my passenger side. Do you know why there would already be an ambient air temp sensor on the passenger side? Seems a bit odd, no?

I'll probably skip the bracket like you did. I wish I had gotten a HomeLink mirror! I love the HomeLink on our Subaru.

I don't know what function the sensor on the passenger side performs.

I have a 2018 Crosstrek that came with a plain old mirror. I added a homelink/compass mirror to it too.

I don't know what function the sensor on the passenger side performs.

I have a 2018 Crosstrek that came with a plain old mirror. I added a homelink/compass mirror to it too.

I may just try and find a HomeLink mirror then in that case. Which HomeLink mirror (Gentex part number) do you have again? Do you remember the pinout of the mirror and what wires you had to swap around on the harness coming from your Jeep that plugs into the mirror? That might make my life easier not having to search around.

You'll want a 341 with the harness attached to the back of the mirror. Here is a pinout for the 341, and a picture for the factory harness wire diagram. The pins are smaller in the 341, so you can change the pins, splice, or solder.

1-constant 12v
2-no wire
3-ground
4 and 5-temp sensor
6-switched 12v
7-back-up
8-map/door lights
9 and 10-no wire

This is the Gentex 341 that I have:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=181574745167

connector kit.JPG

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
You'll want a 341 with the harness attached to the back of the mirror. Here is a pinout for the 341, and a picture for the factory harness wire diagram. The pins are smaller in the 341, so you can change the pins, splice, or solder.

1-constant 12v
2-no wire
3-ground
4 and 5-temp sensor
6-switched 12v
7-back-up
8-map/door lights
9 and 10-no wire

This is the Gentex 341 that I have:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=181574745167

Thank you for helping me spend more money, haha!

Seriously though, I should have just got this one to begin with (and I would of had I known). The HomeLink is an awesome feature.

Reactions: zebra12 and Starrs
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Put the cruise control kit on today. Took me maybe 20 minutes tops. Plugged right in, hooked right up, and works like a charm.

One of the easiest things I've ever done, especially since these Rubicons are pre-wired for it.

The compass mirror is going on next!

Put the cruise control kit on today. Took me maybe 20 minutes tops. Plugged right in, hooked right up, and works like a charm.

One of the easiest things I've ever done, especially since these Rubicons are pre-wired for it.

The compass mirror is going on next!

So you using the passenger side sensor or did you buy one to plug in on the drivers side?

The Mopar bumper and aftermarket skid look great together, do you have any rear recovery points?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

The Mopar bumper and aftermarket skid look great together, do you have any rear recovery points?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I don't... yet. I'm going to do what I Jerry recommended in another thread and attach some recovery hooks to the rear frame. I need to find that thread where Jerry had a photo of them, but it's what I was planning on doing.

Got the Gentex 221 compass / temp mirror installed and working like a charm.

So, now the Rubicon has factory cruise control and the factory compass / temp mirror.

Pretty sure I'm not missing anymore factory options that I know of!

How about the luxury steering wheel cover?

If there even is such a thing, I wouldn't want it, haha. I always hated the look of steering wheel covers. It only looks right if someone leather wraps it and does a good job on the stitching (think BMW).

If there even is such a thing, I wouldn't want it, haha. I always hated the look of steering wheel covers. It only looks right if someone leather wraps it and does a good job on the stitching (think BMW).
Here's my window sticker. The leather wrapped steering wheel cover is listed under interior options.
4fe220b59564b169c83e83b93b04e314.jpg

It was still there when I got the Jeep in 2013 and fell off about two years ago. Turns out the leather was a hard, dense foam. :)

Reactions: Chris