A Story of Indecision and Frivolous Spending

07119C53-6836-45BF-A11F-BDB4694D7F8E.png
You get caught in a drive by shooting?? Just kidding, but seriously what is that?

When you get your JCR bumpers make sure to give the welds and powder coat a once over. The parts I've purchased from JCR have had less than stellar welds and coating which led to rust spots the first time they got wet. Not too happy with the results and its caused me to shy away from using any more of their parts in the future.
I had their rock sliders on my JK, and the powdercoat was not very good. I should have just had it done locally.

When you get your JCR bumpers make sure to give the welds and powder coat a once over. The parts I've purchased from JCR have had less than stellar welds and coating which led to rust spots the first time they got wet. Not too happy with the results and its caused me to shy away from using any more of their parts in the future.

Interesting! Maybe I should have my powder coat place redo them if that's the case. I'd be very upset if I spent this much and that happens!

I had their rock sliders on my JK, and the powdercoat was not very good. I should have just had it done locally.

Honestly I think their welds and powder coat are some of the shittiest I've seen (sorry @Chris). Especially after I replaced one of their parts with a similar product from the folks at Maximus-3 (who have possibly the nicest fit and finish of aftermarket parts I've seen).

Reactions: Fouledplugs
Honestly I think their welds and powder coat are some of the shittiest I've seen (sorry @Chris). Especially after I replaced one of their parts with a similar product from the folks at Maximus-3 (who have possibly the nicest fit and finish of aftermarket parts I've seen).

Really? I guess we will find out once they get here. It makes me wonder if they are all that way or maybe you just got a bad batch? I say that because all the reviews I read on the bumpers everywhere else seemed to be nothing but praise.

Reactions: Fouledplugs
I had their hoop bar that went in the rock hard jk bumper. Nice quality piece.

I had their hoop bar that went in the rock hard jk bumper. Nice quality piece.

I did a lot of research before buying them as well as looking at photos. I’ve seen a few bad reviews but the majority of them were all positive. The few reviews I read that were negative said that JCR actually made it right without any fuss.

I guess we will see! I’ll be 100% sure to update this thread with pictures and my thoughts when they arrive.

Reactions: Boinked
Chris man, I just have to say WOW! Your Jeep right now as it sits in those last pictures is freaking awesome, very sharp. I'm surprised you don't have a YouTube channel of all the stuff going on with it.

Reactions: Chris and tomtaylz
Chris man, I just have to say WOW! Your Jeep right now as it sits in those last pictures is freaking awesome, very sharp. I'm surprised you don't have a YouTube channel of all the stuff going on with it.

I'd spend so much time on video editing being as anal as I am, that I'd probably lose track of time!

Thanks though, I appreciate it! It's turning out better than I had hoped, that's for sure!

Reactions: EJD
Yeah, I believe the front track bar won't be reused... I'm not 100% sure, but I think that's what he was saying, that he has his own track bars he puts on with it.

We'll find out for sure, but I'm hoping I'll have it back around this time next month.

What type of joints does he use on either side of his custom made track bar? Based on recent discussions, that would be very interesting information.

What type of joints does he use on either side of his custom made track bar? Based on recent discussions, that would be very interesting information.
Great question, something intended to ask him on Friday when I drop it off. I’ll let everyone know here as soon as I find out. That would be telling!

Reactions: Serbonze
Great question, something intended to ask him on Friday when I drop it off. I’ll let everyone know here as soon as I find out. That would be telling!

You are coming this Friday @Chris? I thought you said next week. My friends are talking about going hiking on Sat if weather is good :risas3:

You are coming this Friday @Chris? I thought you said next week. My friends are talking about going hiking on Sat if weather is good :risas3:

I’m dropping it off this Friday instead. Since we are taking the kids to Great Wolf Lodge this weekend, I figured we would just take both cars up and drop the Jeep off on the way. That will make life much easier.

I’m dropping it off this Friday instead. Since we are taking the kids to Great Wolf Lodge this weekend, I figured we would just take both cars up and drop the Jeep off on the way. That will make life much easier.

Aaah, that makes sense and will be less complicated for you, I am sure. Perhaps we can meet when you pick the Jeep back up then whenever it is done.

Aaah, that makes sense and will be less complicated for you, I am sure. Perhaps we can meet when you pick the Jeep back up then whenever it is done.

I'll be up there on Saturday, October 20th by myself, so if you're free then, we can meet up at that time!

Dropped my TJ off at Jeep West on Friday to have Dave install the mid arms, outboard the rear shocks (I’ll be running Bilstein 5100s on all 4 corners now) and install my RubiCrawler and DeRale transmission cooler.

Should be about a month before I get it back, but this thing is going to be a totally different animal when I do!

I got a chance to check out the under sides of some of the other mid-arm TJs he’s done and I am very impressed to say the least.

I asked him if he wouldn’t mind taking some photos of the progress as he goes, just so that I could update this thread with them, as I’m interested myself, and I’m sure others might be as well.

By the way @Serbonze, I asked him what kind of joints he uses per your request and he told me he uses Johnny Joints.

Dropped my TJ off at Jeep West on Friday to have Dave install the mid arms, outboard the rear shocks (I’ll be running Bilstein 5100s on all 4 corners now) and install my RubiCrawler and DeRale transmission cooler.

Should be about a month before I get it back, but this thing is going to be a totally different animal when I do!

I got a chance to check out the under sides of some of the other mid-arm TJs he’s done and I am very impressed to say the least.

I asked him if he wouldn’t mind taking some photos of the progress as he goes, just so that I could update this thread with them, as I’m interested myself, and I’m sure others might be as well.

By the way @Serbonze, I asked him what kind of joints he uses per your request and he told me he uses Johnny Joints.

Did you get to drive one? So many changes all at once