A Story of Indecision and Frivolous Spending

Nope snug and no bouncing around. It’s a cheap and great mod. Your able to extend the third braklight aswell.

Cool, I just ordered one! I'm surprised you didn't have to extend the bump stops. I guess that's the 5" backspacing on the Moabs... Gotta love it!

Oddly, mine didn't come with a third brake light. The previous owner must have removed it.

I’m going to go with that highline fiberglass hood I think. It’s so damn close to the AEV look, and I don’t know how I feel about trimming it.

Which hood is this? Is it the one I see on eBay all the time that looks like the AEV hood? Ugh... I like that, but I worry about the fit and quality. I've had bad luck with poorly designed fiberglass parts in the past. I'll be curious to know how it works out for you.

Cool, I just ordered one! I'm surprised you didn't have to extend the bump stops. I guess that's the 5" backspacing on the Moabs... Gotta love it!

Oddly, mine didn't come with a third brake light. The previous owner must have removed it.

Which hood is this? Is it the one I see on eBay all the time that looks like the AEV hood? Ugh... I like that, but I worry about the fit and quality. I've had bad luck with poorly designed fiberglass parts in the past. I'll be curious to know how it works out for you.
That’s the one. I would think it would be pretty close to a good fit. It looks very good

That’s the one. I would think it would be pretty close to a good fit. It looks very good

Fiberglass can be good or bad depending on who made it. I’m curious to see how you like it. I hope it isn’t one of the poorly fitting fiberglass pieces!

Funny you say this. My Jeep thread should be titled "Less costs more" as going from a 5.5" lift to a 2" lift is wildly expensive!!!!

I imagine so. Going up or down, it's going to cost money either way I think!

Spare not fitting??...there is always option B....
spare.jpg

Reactions: Chris
Oh yeah I like those. They would match my front and rear bumper also because they are textured too.

I thought for the price they would be thin, cheap metal. That’s not the case, they are actually very heavy and you can tell they’re made with a very thick steel.

I’m really happy with these I must say! They just bolt on to the side body mounts.