A Story of Indecision and Frivolous Spending

I just picked mine up for only 45 dollars more. I considered the Savvy, but my TJ is red and black. I didn't want silver control arms especially behind my black wheels. I know these are good ones either way. Don't get me wrong if the Savvys were black I would have saved the 45 bucks. But I am going to be just as happy with these me thinks.

I think with my 2 inch lift all I am going to have to do realistically is tweak the rear uppers and the front lowers a tiny bit anyway. I am still fighting the urge to go any higher, but after this it will be a ton easier if I decide to, and if I don't this will work great too. With the SYE coming I swear I am going to have a ton of fun in the garage soon. It is too bad you don't live closer so you could come over an hang out. How fun would that be, two guys hanging out in the garage putting in CA's in 110 degrees weather drinking beer. Does it get any better than that?

Oh ya I also have the zj steering upgrade painted and all ready to install too. This is going to be the most rock solid 2" lift ever haha.

You don't really see the control arms that much to be honest, From a side view on my TJ, you can barely see them because the tires are so big. Front he rear view or front view, you can't see them at all.

But either way, the Currie arms are great, no doubt about that.

Adjustable control arms are nice to have even when you don't need them. You can always use them to change your caster or dial in a bit more pinion angle or extend the wheelbase a bit. In addition to that, I like that the Johnny Joints are rebuildable, and I like that they last so long.

110 degrees in the garage, haha! I remember those days. I would sweat so much I'd pass out if I didn't have water ever 5 minutes!

As for the steering upgrade, I was going to do the ZJ upgrade, but then I talked myself into the Currie steering, haha!

You don't really see the control arms that much to be honest, From a side view on my TJ, you can barely see them because the tires are so big. Front he rear view or front view, you can't see them at all.

But either way, the Currie arms are great, no doubt about that.

Adjustable control arms are nice to have even when you don't need them. You can always use them to change your caster or dial in a bit more pinion angle or extend the wheelbase a bit. In addition to that, I like that the Johnny Joints are rebuildable, and I like that they last so long.

110 degrees in the garage, haha! I remember those days. I would sweat so much I'd pass out if I didn't have water ever 5 minutes!

As for the steering upgrade, I was going to do the ZJ upgrade, but then I talked myself into the Currie steering, haha!

Yep less is more ;).

Reactions: Chris
Today I installed one of these Rugged Ridge wall mount door holders:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079NHX5TY/?tag=wranglerorg-20

I have to say, I'm impressed! It's simple, but it holds both doors easily, and it's got striker plates for the doors to latch onto so that they don't accidentally swing out.

For anyone looking for a good way to store their doors, I highly recommend this setup.

Reactions: Squatch
Bought one of the very last remaining factory cruise control kits left over from Mopar's new old stock!

Every dealer is saying they're discontinued, and this guy is the only guy I can find who still has any left. I added cruise control to my last TJ Rubicon, so I look forward to adding it on this one as well!

Just incase anyone wants to swoop one up:
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=273093744885

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Bought one of the very last remaining factory cruise control kits left over from Mopar's new old stock!

Every dealer is saying they're discontinued, and this guy is the only guy I can find who still has any left. I added cruise control to my last TJ Rubicon, so I look forward to adding it on this one as well!

Just incase anyone wants to swoop one up:
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=273093744885
No cruise on yours from factory? I rarely ever use mine but ppl do love the cruise.

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
No cruise on yours from factory? I rarely ever use mine but ppl do love the cruise.

Oddly mine didn't come with cruise, and neither did my last Rubicon. It was clearly a factory option, but it seems some people didn't opt for it. Mopar sold a "kit" to the tune of $200 (though now it costs much more) so you could easily add it. When I added it to my last Rubicon I used it a lot on the highway when we would drive distances. But moreover I think it adds value to the Jeep, even if it's not much.

I also heard there was a rearview mirror with a compass as an option, though I have yet to see a TJ Rubicon ever equipped with it from the factory.

I also heard there was a rearview mirror with a compass as an option, though I have yet to see a TJ Rubicon ever equipped with it from the factory.
Mine came with this rearview mirror. It also displays the outside temperature.

Oddly mine didn't come with cruise, and neither did my last Rubicon. It was clearly a factory option, but it seems some people didn't opt for it. Mopar sold a "kit" to the tune of $200 (though now it costs much more) so you could easily add it. When I added it to my last Rubicon I used it a lot on the highway when we would drive distances. But moreover I think it adds value to the Jeep, even if it's not much.

Yea I’ve seen a bunch with the compass and temp in the rear view. The black plug on your dash is what that is for.

Yea I’ve seen a bunch with the compass and temp in the rear view. The black plug on your dash is what that is for.

That's pretty cool, I guess I've never looked for that plug. Would be cool to find one of those mirrors. Not that I really need it, but just to add to the appeal.

Reactions: Starrs
The outside temp sensor is located just inside the grill.

So if one was to install that mirror, you'd probably need the temp sensor, wiring harness, and mirror.

Makes me wonder if the temp sensor and wiring harness are already there. If you have a spare moment sometime, take a picture of what yours looks like. I'd like to inspect mine to see if it's there.

Reactions: Starrs
So if one was to install that mirror, you'd probably need the temp sensor, wiring harness, and mirror.

Makes me wonder if the temp sensor and wiring harness are already there. If you have a spare moment sometime, take a picture of what yours looks like. I'd like to inspect mine to see if it's there.
There have been a bunch of pictures lately in various posts of that sensor. Here is one...

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...or-of-some-sort-plz-identify.5381/#post-73989

Reactions: Chris and jjvw