A Story of Indecision and Frivolous Spending

I really like this color @Chris and was that a tan hardtop too?
Can't wait to see some more pics. Very similar direction I would be going too, love it!

Reactions: Chris
I really like this color @Chris and was that a tan hardtop too?
Can't wait to see some more pics. Very similar direction I would be going too, love it!

Yep, it’s got a khaki colored hard top too. Definitely different, but I like it!

I think we should talk about how our Admin sold and went without a TJ for several months....without telling us.

But that’s just me :)

I’m anxious to see more pictures. The khaki TJ’s have really grown on me. Wasn’t s huge fan before, but now I am.

I like your choice, i also prefer the shorter “real Jeep” look. Be warned Jerry will tell you about all the problems with the 05[emoji38] but I know you know the score. I also agree with you on black rigs, I had 2 at the same time and neither was ever clean!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What issues are you referring to on the 05? I have a 05 sport and besides the gas tank issues love it.

@Chris what did you decide on the bumper? Sending back or gonna mount and see?

I’m going to get the bend out like Jerry suggested with a piece of wood and a dead blow hammer. It should be easy since it’s not that bad. The hawse fairlead will pretty much cover it up anyways. I’m pretty sure I can get it out though without damaging the finish at all.

Reactions: Starrs
I’m going to get the bend out like Jerry suggested with a piece of wood and a dead blow hammer. It should be easy since it’s not that bad. The hawse fairlead will pretty much cover it up anyways. I’m pretty sure I can get it out though without damaging the finish at all.
Awesome. When you mount it take a measurement of your standard ride height, and then again when you have the bumper and winch installed. I still can't believe how thick that bumper is. That's why I like it tho. Superb craftsmanship.

Awesome. When you mount it take a measurement of your standard ride height, and then again when you have the bumper and winch installed. I still can't believe how thick that bumper is. That's why I like it tho. Superb craftsmanship.
Will do! It's one hell of a nicely built bumper, which makes me not feel nearly as bad about paying what I did. The steel on this thing is nice and thick! I'm very happy with the purchase.

Reactions: Starrs
What bumper is being referred to? The only post I found mentioning a bumper was the first, with a Mopar Rock Crawler on the list of wants...
He has another post ongoing currently about receiving it with the fairlead bent in. He is “probably” currently working on getting that fixed up right about now.

Edit: he purchased the mopar rock crawler front bumper.

Reactions: StG58
I was kinda bummed out. Offered to help him straighten that thing out, but never heard back from him. This:
Pinch Point Pry Bar.jpg

...and less than 10 minutes in the parking lot of the local coffee shop would have fixed him right up. OK, maybe a piece of scrap carpet to protect the powder coat on the new bumper as well.

Reactions: ac_