My 2006 TJ Rubicon

Jax06Rubicon

Supporting Member
I have always wondered what was so cool about having a Jeep Wrangler. About a year ago a buddy of mine bought one and we went out to play this past January. My truck couldn't go where he went without having some issues, my truck was longer and heavier and after ripping off my passenger side step bars I parked it and jumped in the Jeep with him. What a blast I had a running up hills and going through the mud and best of all we were doing it convertible style. I made the decision that day to buy one.

So 6 months later I found one that caught my eyes and the rest is history.

875318322.jpg

Within 2 weeks I had a Rubicon Express SA 3.5 lift, Smitybilt Winch, wheels, BFG mud terrains, and Tom Woods drive shaft.

20170616_193010.jpg

I want to put on some rock sliders, wheel carrier and any other items that will make this better.
Let me know if I am on the right track.

Welcome aboard! Looks great so far. Some nice sliders would be invaluable in the rocks. For the spare you can keep it in stock configuration with the Exogate or a full on bumper/tire support combo of which there are many to choose from. Do your research on those, however, as they are not all created equal.

Diggin those wheels. Who makes them?

Welcome aboard! Looks great so far. Some nice sliders would be invaluable in the rocks. For the spare you can keep it in stock configuration with the Exogate or a full on bumper/tire support combo of which there are many to choose from. Do your research on those, however, as they are not all created equal.

Diggin those wheels. Who makes them?

Thanks. I'm liking this site. Lots of information that I plan on implementing. The wheels are from Level8 motorsports. Not true beadlocks, but so affordable.

Reactions: Fouledplugs
Wow, great looking Jeep- I am jealous of the beautiful green color! Welcome aboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really nice! My favorite Jeep color of all time, black wheels look great on that. Congratulations. Mind my asking the miles on that?

Also, what does the Banks Power decal refer to?

Really nice! My favorite Jeep color of all time, black wheels look great on that. Congratulations. Mind my asking the miles on that?

Also, what does the Banks Power decal refer to?

62,251 miles on as of now.

The previous owner had Banks Power CAI and exhaust put on. I have just not removed the decal yet. Dont know if I should remove it. I kind of like it right now, may not after a while.

62,251 miles on as of now.

The previous owner had Banks Power CAI and exhaust put on. I have just not removed the decal yet. Dont know if I should remove it. I kind of like it right now, may not after a while.
Most will advise OEM filter at the least. But I havent heard any problems in real world with the banks filter. If it's already installed you could keep it or remove it and sell it to make some money for different mods.

The Banks headers are prob decent. All 4.0 manifolds are known to crack, even aftermarket ones. I say keep it until it gives you trouble.

Well first off, I didn't know they made a Rubicon in this color! This may be my favorite Rubicon color I have seen yet. Bravo on what I would consider to be a very rare and uncommon color for a Rubicon model!

Looks like you scored an awesome TJ!

Banks headers are garbage. ALL aftermarket headers for our TJs are headers. I had the banks headers and they cracked in just under a year. The issue is that none of the aftermarket headers (if you can even call them that) incorporate flex joints. They're also all made out of incredibly thin metal. You won't notice any power gains from them (I didn't with mine), and I can promise you it will be a huge, huge waste of money.

Your best possible bet if you want to avoid many headaches, is to stick with the stock exhaust manifold.

The banks CAI doesn't do anything in all honesty. Mine came with one when I bought it and I've kept it on only because it was free. However, I wouldn't buy it with money out of my pocket, as it's been proven that our TJs do not have anything to gain from air intakes. You may be able to sell it for $100-$150 though, put the stock airbox back on, and use the money for something else! That's one possibility.

Really love that color. I almost pulled the trigger on that exact same Rubicon brand new with all options and dual tops back in 2006. The last of the '06s were going as the 2007 model JKs were coming out...wish I had, I'd probably still have it today...

Wow, great looking TJ! Like others have said, it's a great color. Call me crazy but I prefer the stock rubicon wheels. But I must admit that the wheels you picked out do look really good. Congrats on the score and welcome to jeep life.

Reactions: LTTJ