My 97' TJ build

AG10

Whats up guys?! My name is Adam and I'm excited to be apart of this jeep community! Im a huge Toyota Tacoma guy but have always had interest in a wrangler TJ and I finally came into what I think a great deal on a jeep and bought it! 1997 sport with 110,000 miles and a pretty solid frame! I will need to replace a few of the rear suspension mounts but I have already bought them just waiting for some nice warmer weather to get that done! The plan is 2.5 lift with either 32s or 33s. Looking forward to this build and can't wait to share! More to come as I am just beginning this project!

IMG_3889.jpg

Welcome to the forum and great looking TJ. A great canvas to start from, that's for sure.

I myself have a 2003 Tacoma TRD double cab as well as the TJ.

33's and 2.5 lift for now. prob do the 1.25 body lift to be sure I can clear the 33s if not ill just run 32s.

When you install your 32" or 33" tires are you also going to regear your axles? Many people make the mistake of going to larger tires and not regearing after the fact.

Reactions: Tray Burge
Started in the rear yesterday, removed the gas tank to replace skid and begin the suspension install in the rear. Have a new rear axle that I’ll be installing as well. Figured a like for like swap would be a lot easier than re welding the suspension mounts in the rear. This has been a fun project. I’m enjoying this jeep life!

D1422142-DC9B-4041-B456-45BCAEDB0F5C.jpeg

Reactions: Wildman and Ephry73
Whats up guys?! My name is Adam and I'm excited to be apart of this jeep community! Im a huge Toyota Tacoma guy but have always had interest in a wrangler TJ and I finally came into what I think a great deal on a jeep and bought it! 1997 sport with 110,000 miles and a pretty solid frame! I will need to replace a few of the rear suspension mounts but I have already bought them just waiting for some nice warmer weather to get that done! The plan is 2.5 lift with either 32s or 33s. Looking forward to this build and can't wait to share! More to come as I am just beginning this project!

View attachment 220914
Welcome!

Check out the 97 thread in my signature and let us know if you have anything to add.