My build

Nice! Stinger is just one heck of a nice build, you know that? I have the time, but not the money or place to replicate that, so I'll just live vicariously through you. Really nice rig there.

I spent 46 years in a uniform trying to make a difference. This is my reward. That and having a wife who saved every penny floating around.

Fortunately Faye loves wheeling as much as I do. AND the first time we got stuck in our JY I said if we had lockers this wouldn't have happened.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Chris I can already tell you the matting makes a 100 % difference. I have driven Stinger over to the big city of Redmond serval times with various stages of the matting installed. each time got better. Be really interesting to see what the Lizard Skin does. I only sprayed the sound control not the ceramic heat. But it already had a layer of each on there covered with color and clear coat

That's cool! I think that's next on my list since I would love to quiet things down inside to make those long trips more pleasant.

A bit of a test spin.
1.jpg

Damn speedo meter wouldn't go any further so I didn't max the revs out. Someday I'll tell you a secret. No! This is an untouched photo. No photo shopping here.

Reactions: Chris
My conscious won't let me go! I also don't want somebody trying to "out do" me.:oops:

This is an actual photo of Stinger. However, it is on my lift with the tires 10 inches off the ground and the frame strapped to the lift.

I am still trying to track down the source of vibrations. I had the TW's rear shaft rebalanced. It was a bit off so was really hoping there would be a difference. Couldn't tell much from this test.

Taking Stinger to Silverdale, WA Tuesday via Spokane. Wayne Hartwig is going to give it another shot of trying to rid me of the dreaded 150A OBD code. In Silverdale Thursday for Northridge to rebuild the rear diff. That also gives me a chance to visit kids and grandkids in the Seattle area.

Stinger is definitely getting a shake down before letting Blaine work his brake manic on it next month.:)

My conscious won't let me go! I also don't want somebody trying to "out do" me.:oops:

This is an actual photo of Stinger. However, it is on my lift with the tires 10 inches off the ground and the frame strapped to the lift.

I am still trying to track down the source of vibrations. I had the TW's rear shaft rebalanced. It was a bit off so was really hoping there would be a difference. Couldn't tell much from this test.

Taking Stinger to Silverdale, WA Tuesday via Spokane. Wayne Hartwig is going to give it another shot of trying to rid me of the dreaded 150A OBD code. In Silverdale Thursday for Northridge to rebuild the rear diff. That also gives me a chance to visit kids and grandkids in the Seattle area.

Stinger is definitely getting a shake down before letting Blaine work his brake manic on it next month.:)

I don't see a photo. Oh.... Are you driving it down to Blaine? Good idea, I think between him and David Kishpaugh those are the two most knowledgable TJ guys in existence.

Watch this vibration issue be some sort of Ockham's Razor type of situation where the culprit tends out to be the most simplest and easily overlooked thing.

You'll have to let us know what the vibration issue (and OBD code) ends up being!

Original post photo.

Driving north to get the rear gears replaced which I am hoping will have a big impact on the vibrations. Fingers crossed. Then over to Spokane so Wayne can put afinal touch on the ECM tune.

Towing Stinger thru Utah for a bit of skiing, tax meeting, visit son and dil along with great friends.

Then south to Moab for a bit of golf and MILD wheeling.
Then to Sedona, AZ so mom can attend daughters bridal shower.
Then off to see Blaine to resolve the brake issues?
When he is done its back to Sedona so I can give away the bride.
Should take a couple of months:)

Reactions: Chris